CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Bought one of these today

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hueristic
Man, You crazy driving all down the wrong side of the street and ****! :P
I know-I never realized how ingrained the reflex to drive on the right must be in me, because every time I watch a vid from 'the other side' part of me just starts screaming inside...

When we visited London last year I realized I could live there the entire rest of my life and I would STILL be looking 'left then right' to cross a street. And in London, that's fairly serious.

I liked the vid, especially how being low gave the real perception of speed; most videos from the bars tend to make 80 look like 20, just as TV tends to make a fast ball look slow. I wonder if you could figure out what portion of the screen it's using to auto-focus, and adjust it JUST enough to raise that above the horizon line?

Last edited by larry1096; 08-25-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: I type like a retarded monkey
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Banned

Yeah, I really like that low angle as well.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jarvid
I just left clicked on the video and then on the "Show Video Info" It shows different info about the clip, I also noted it is only 10fps(frames per second) my crappy phone camera records at 30fps. I would say you need to change the settings for the camera to get better results, I would say it is set up from the factory to get the longest run time from your memory card.
Yes I've just checked it out. The settings come in QVGA, VGA and SXGA. Seems I was in QVGA which is the smallest resolution. I have changed it to SXGA which is 1280 x 1024 so I should have better results the next time I do a video. I had to google what it all meant so I'm on the right settnig now. Thanks for the heads up Jarvid. Cheers mate.

Last edited by Bordo; 08-26-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be interesting to see if the frame rate can keep up Bordo - as in no pauses

I see Jarvid copped that as well

Old 08-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sprock
Be interesting to see if the frame rate can keep up Bordo - as in no pauses

I see Jarvid copped that as well
Hopefully it will mate. Its a 20 dollar camera so I'm not expecting to much. It will certainly help me out on my trip away next month. Once I get the angles and mounting locations sorted out I will probably get a better quality one a bit later on. This one will let me get some decent footage to be able to make a movie out of.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It sure is amazing what China can churn out for $20...it's been 25 years since you could even get a carton of beer for that much money here!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Banned

Sure is. Considering the same camera here costs 99. We are getting ripped off. Thanks god we still have the chinese doing what they do best !!!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Originally Posted by Bordo
Hopefully it will mate. Its a 20 dollar camera so I'm not expecting to much. It will certainly help me out on my trip away next month. Once I get the angles and mounting locations sorted out I will probably get a better quality one a bit later on. This one will let me get some decent footage to be able to make a movie out of.
I've found the "pauses" are there when you view the footage straight from the camera. If you download the footage to your computer then view it,there are no pauses.........................
I think it has to do with the class of memory card you use, and the ability of the camera to process footage. I have no pauses in your film after doing that, Bordo.
That's what I've found with all the Chinese cameras.
FWIW
But yes, it is only a $20 camera, and your local shops are ripping you off - just like ours here.
Seems like a 50% markup isn't enough anymore.....

Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Banned

The very same camera at a local auto parts store is 100.00 So it seems that a 500 % mark up is the norm here these days. Mind you I asked them if they had any left and they had sold out and had a lot on back order. I have uploaded another movie from my camera. I found that you need to change the quality to 720p HD on the bottom bar and it shows up nicely. I had the camera set at the maximum quality setting but it still needs to be selected on the Youtube clip itself. Cheers

Test movie - YouTube

Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Welcome Crew

Looks pretty good, you have got it sorted now, just wondering, has the camera got motion sensor start, just wondering as some do.

Quick Reply: Bought one of these today