CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Blackbird or 1000F - Sport Touring (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/blackbird-1000f-sport-touring-98671/)

Bordo 08-26-2009 03:10 AM

I've had a bird for 6 years now and just bought the cane. Both are great machines in their own right and IMO are very similar. The bird being fuel injected and much younger is smoother but not by much. I just love Hondas and after having owned other brands I have gone back to owning both the bird and the cane. I also have an FZR 1000 but am getting rid of that shortly. I think the cane is slightly more comfortable than the bird. I can do 600km a day on the bird though without to much of a drama. I am taking the cane to the Moto GP this year so am looking forward to comparing the two on a longer ride. Lets face it Honda can make a sport tourer better than ANY other manufacturer IMO. Both of these bikes are awesome machines and I feel very lucky to own both. Cheers.

Honda Nut 08-26-2009 07:14 PM

Good update

Originally Posted by Bordo (Post 828236)
I've had a bird for 6 years now and just bought the cane. Both are great machines in their own right and IMO are very similar. The bird being fuel injected and much younger is smoother but not by much. I just love Hondas and after having owned other brands I have gone back to owning both the bird and the cane. I also have an FZR 1000 but am getting rid of that shortly. I think the cane is slightly more comfortable than the bird. I can do 600km a day on the bird though without to much of a drama. I am taking the cane to the Moto GP this year so am looking forward to comparing the two on a longer ride. Lets face it Honda can make a sport tourer better than ANY other manufacturer IMO. Both of these bikes are awesome machines and I feel very lucky to own both. Cheers.

Thanks Bordo. I have printed your response and will take it to my friend tomorrow. I truly love my '96 and for that matter, all of the bikes I have owned. Out of all them, my favorite has to be my Suzuki RF900. Not the fastest, not the best looking, not the most comfy but when I owned it, there were three other bikes I could hop on and go.
'96 Kawasaki ZX-11
2000 Suzuki TL1000R
Honda CB1000
For some reason, that RF hit the sweet spot and I trusted it like no other bike I have ever owned. With all that being said, the 'Cane in the garage is probably running a close second. I just love the ole' girl. I don't think the power is mind bending but the level of comfort sees me going for her nearly every day. I have to make myself ride my VFR or CB919. My friend rode a 'Bird last Sunday and I think I'm going to let him ride my CBR tomorrow. It's up to him now. Thanks to all for you input, JD :icon_dance-twist:

titu 08-27-2009 10:59 AM

Well, I have both. The riding positions are surprisingly similar. The bird is a lot smoother and I like the firm seat better. The gearbox on the 1000F is somewhat nicer, though both my earlier B12 or GSX600F will trounce them.
The 1000F is a 100HP German version while the bird is "open" so I can't comment on power, the 1000F feels soooooo slow. Opening her up will change that I'm sure.
I expected less in the braking department from a 20 year old bike but I was surprised how good the brakes are.

*EDIT*
Just did a 2-up 200 mile sprint on the Bird then switched to the 1000F. The 1000F is a lot more comfortable. I still like the Bird's seat more.

t.

Originally Posted by leanit (Post 820959)
All right gang, here's a tough one!
On my VFR site, one of the members asked the $1,000,000 question. If you were to decide to build a sport tourer, would you go with the BBird or the Cane? You know how I feel but that is because I bought the F model without even considering the Bird. I told him to check out this site for more detailed inputs. I see he hasn 't joined and asked that question so I'll do it for him.
I quoted the better mpg, wind protection, roomier ergos and the best damn stock seat ever put on a Honda. Now tell him what you think and I will relay. Thanks, JD