CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Bird tested on track

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bird tested on track

It was the same in the average group as in the beginners group.

It was new to me though; on Gelleråsen you can overtake on any side and anywhere as long as you don't cross the line of the guy in front to nearduring practice. The only limitation is that slower groups are not allowed to overtake in corners. In real competition I guess it is more or less up to you as long as you don’t crash into others bikes.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:07 AM

It warms my heart to hear the credits of my old bike, thanks for that.
Blue, what was your impressions of track racing?
I will take the FJR on track for the first time now this wednesday in Falkenberg and I am a little bit concerned about the riding position and possibitity to lean the bike. I raced with a Porsche last week and in a highway exit I scraped the right footpin. First time for me. Not even on track I did this with the CBR.
Funny, the Metzeler roadtech Z6 have small elephants at the edge of the tire which allows you to see how far out on the tire you have traveled. On the right side I am now all the way out. On wednesday it will be the same on the left side.
However the discussion on this board made me think about why the textile clothes is not allowed on certain tracks. I searched on the net and it seems that leather is more safe mainly because the hard pieces inside the suit cant move around during an accident like it can on the more loosely fit textile. Also on a reletively cheap textile suit, a travel along theground will burn a hole.I now feel that I have to invest in a leather suit especially during track days.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Hi rhino94 !
Like i said earlier, a bit scary at first.The first roundi went out with my group was to check out the others(the girl in front of me)and se how they ride thrue the corners, i learnt a lot from her riding ( i mean driving the bike thrue corners...).After a couple of laps i felt more and more comfortable so i decided to outrun her on a long straight, that was no problem with my stronger bike.
The second time i was out i felt really comfortable, the chickenstripes are almost gone.You can see a little bit of the "elephant" left but the next time they're gone.I did not realize how much you can lean down a bike before i went on a track, they got amazing grip the Roadtech's.This is a very good experience for any biker to go to a trackday if the opportunity is given and it's really safe riding.
Maybe R1000 and i will visit the track again next week but it depends if we can get away from work.
It was nice to hear from R1000 that the bike i bought from you is in good condition cause i didn't have anything to compare with. It was so long ago i did active riding...about 8-9 years.
Nice that you haven't forgotten about us here at CBRForum.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:29 PM

Please notify me if youre going again, Im planning on buying a leather suit so I can join.
When, where? in that case?

Old 08-27-2007, 04:02 PM

We'll let you know,would be fun if you joined. Just have to make it close...bye the way how far is Linkoping for you ?
Planning to go the 3 Sept. but the weather might stop it. Not fun (scary) go riding when it's rainingand you know how much you lean down the bike at the track.[&:]
I think there's one more trackday another two weeksahead.
At the track in Linkopingsome drivers in thenewbeginner group drove with "Gore-tex", i think it was allowed in that group.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM

If you read this Mikepop, Is the track i Ă„lvdalen (Monzta) shutdown for biker activities?
What i understand you had some trackdays till this summer ?

Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM

I'm not able to go to Sviestad next monday as planned, I have tobe in Stockholm.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 PM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It´s MikeKop...not Pop... And yes, sadly, my "almost neighbor to" track was shut down as a motorcycle track in the late part of June. This was accheived mainly by some recreational-house owners from Stockholm and Göteborg, with weird rules about sound levels and some help of some fishing experts who claimed that bike riding on the track (it´s located next to a river) was disturbing the sex-life of the fish in the river...[:@] I had maximum 5 minutes drive to that track...

I would love to ride on a track with you other "Hurricane guys", but Linköping is too far, 500 km oneway. In my case, Gelleråsen would fit better. Probably not doable this year, but maybe next year?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:07 AM

Sorry about the "nick" MikeKop !

They must hate motorvehicles those people...makes me so angry. [:@]

We are planning to go to GellerĂĄsen, R1000 and i, a couple of times next year. Would be great to meet up.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: BLUE1000F

We'll let you know,would be fun if you joined. Just have to make it close...bye the way how far is Linkoping for you ?
Planning to go the 3 Sept. but the weather might stop it. Not fun (scary) go riding when it's rainingand you know how much you lean down the bike at the track.[&:]
I think there's one more trackday another two weeksahead.
At the track in Linkopingsome drivers in thenewbeginner group drove with "Gore-tex", i think it was allowed in that group.
It´s 224.51 km so no problemo
I wont go in textile suit now that I got the danger with it on my mind, Im planning on buying a Arlen Ness in the blocket.

Quick Reply: Bird tested on track