CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Bike performance products

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike performance products

I'm sorry I have to eat some of my words. As far as the wires are concerned I reckon there's nothing in them but the water for gas (if it's the system I think it is) is based on 90 year old technology that is being revived & updated using todays technology. The system is "browns Gas" (HHO). In todays terms its Hydrogen fuel cell technology. Very easy to make & apparently easy to control too. Just Google up "Browns Gas" or "Water Powered Car" or even look on youtube. It's quite surprising the information that's out there.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have actually read up on that a little (Prior to this post) but all the instructions recomend ceramic coating you cylinders and pistons to help combat rust.

Wouldnt this make it a little hard for the piston to actually fit in the cylinder? it was at that point I started to doubt the whole thing

Old 09-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't be done with ceramic coatings and std pistons Harry.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Water for gas is exactly what it sounds like- a scam. Remember the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Sure, there are plenty of websites out there touting this technology, but they are likely either selling this "technology" or have some connection to someone selling the technology. Scammers often advance their scams by setting up secondary websites that claim to be independent and which give glowing reviews to their products. Don't be fooled. Find one website that you have ever heard of, or one independent reputable testing lab, or one automotive magazine that you have ever heard or (Road and Track, Car and Driver, etc.) that says these things actually work, and I'll eat my words.
That being said, there are vehicles out there that run on hydrogen that is extracted from water. These use the much talked about fuel cell technology. Honda Motors (remember them) actually produced a prototype a couple of years ago and leased it to one lucky driver who lived near their US corporate headquarters in California. The car was refueled at a solar powered hydrogen generator (if my memory serves me well) located at or near their headquarters. The only problem was that the generator cost in the neighborhood of $1,000,000 U.S. and produced enough hydrogen to power one car. That's the problem with the dream of converting to fuel cell technology- the high price and high energy required to produce hydrogen using existing technology. If someone could produce hydrogen easily and cheaply, and held a patent to the technology, he would be a billionaire many times over and wouldn't have to send me regular emails about how I could convert my car to a water for gas vehicle. How much would Honda pay for that technology. Remember who made the first hybrid cars, and also remember that Japan has to import all of their petroleum.
One website that you probably have heard of discusses and debunks the water for gas claims can be found here, another one here. I challenge anyone to find any reputable website that takes a contrary view.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:10 PM

+1 to pacojoseph, you can run used vege oil through your diesel though. lol

Old 09-28-2008, 03:39 PM

I wouldn't mind havinga playwith fuel cells, not for use in a car or bike, but
Maybe one day, they willhave fuel cell cars, but me trying to build something for a car- I'm not that stupid.

last I heard was Honda was able to get thier prototype to have a range of about 100miles or so

Old 09-28-2008, 06:42 PM

It can be done. Its been well known for ages that if you put rf through water the water will burn as the hydrogen seperates. But of course the massive amount of energy needed to do this overcomes any benefit.

I'm sure we'll get there one day, but these scam artists are hindering people investing in this technology.