CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Best Oil??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Oil??

All oil is good! The best thing that you can do it oil changes on a reg. basis. Maybe 2000 miles or so. You don't have to run syn. Syn is better oil, because all the additives that reg. oil needs to handle todays motors syn. is engineered to do the same without these additives, which makes the oil last longer since it is these additives that break down first and require you to change your oil to maintain all the right properties that you need! But i run reg. oil. Spectro 4 10w40. I guess just make sure you are running motorcycle oil and not car oil. the anti-friction additives in car oil can affect your clutch. Also if you have an oil leak, syn will make it worse since the oil molecules are smaller and so oil is able to flow out of a leak easier than reg. oil. I like motul 300v, and if your bike requires full syn, like ducati, ktm, etc.... then run it. If it doesn't then i would save your cash and just use reg and up the oil change intervals. Unless if you are racing, then syn may help release a little more HP.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:24 PM

Cosmo what a pic...hues we'll have to show some CDN skin as well LOL

Old 02-06-2008, 11:13 PM

i bought some honda red cap dont remember the actual name but havent heard any problems infacted it fixed my dads Hurricane, doesnt rattle as much lol. 10w40 if i remember it correctly...honda gen. stuff though was like 7 bucks for a quart.