CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Battery question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The cold that you are experiencing will have a direct effect on your battery life - Chinese batteries here last about two years, but if used in our "high country" where it's a LOT colder (down to -10 to -12C at night) they don't last as long.
I can't help with the Xtreme brand, but they're all pretty much the same. We use Yuasa and others here - it's pretty much all we can get, although there's a local company (Sabat) now producing bike batteries - I've just fitted one to the wife's bike (Magenta CB750 Custom) so we'll see how it goes............
I'd be a basket case in your weather..................
Some Jack is called for...............it won't fix the battery, but you'll feel soooooo much better about it

Old 04-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are programs available (some free) that will allow to resize your pics. I use photoshop to do this (not free). What format are your scans in? One way to resize may be to open your scan in Windows Paint (under Programs-Acessories in Windows XP) then choose to save your pic as a .jpg image (.jpg up to 97 kb can be uploaded). I just did this with a .bmp image and reduced its size from 732 kb to 24 kb.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:43 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photo re-size

Try this site out Nevada and its free

http://resize2mail.com/

Also these may help , though since the forum was changed they might not work . Steve ( CBR Classic ) seems to be the man to ask , he's always posting peoples piccies up . I'm like you a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to computers

Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ther's something wrong. Your scans should not be pdf files. Try scanning again and see if your software allows you to save your scans in a different format.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRriderNevada
Hawk, why you calling me an old dinosaur? Just because I live in the desert and my skin kind of is scalish because it is so dry out here, doesn't mean I'm an old dinosaur, well maybe I am - come to think of it - good point....
Me call you a dinosaur?? Nah , must have been someone else entirely . Though you seem to like the same music I do , so that puts you over the hill and racing me to the bottom

Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't fix your pics, but I did find your printer manual.......
http://www.retrevo.com/support/HP-J6...4714ag901/t/2/

Quick Reply: Battery question