CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

bad day!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bad day!

Yes i thought that too that it was out of line - well next time i will be smarter

I havent find any JB weld products in local shops but i bought some Henkel made chemical metal to give it a try. I hope it will be as good as JB.
I made a test welding of two cast iron parts and they showd pretty good results. I had no equipment to check the tensile strenght, but it showd pretty good response when trying to brake it - so i think i try out how it will work on my alternator cover

About snowbirds

well they appear every spring when riding season start, first two months is really dangerous to ride a bike, because car drivers haven't seen a motorbike for many several months so they don't expect to see one - and evidently they don't see also when making left turns or changing lanes.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 AM

Funny you should mention your buddy being a sat diver! I used to be a diver in the oil fields when I was younger.They sent me everywhere,some places not very good others really nice,'course they all look the same when your sitting on a barge in the middle of the ocean! I was a lot younger then,wonder I lived through it.Morayman...........

Old 05-22-2008, 08:37 AM

I just got back from coffee break and witnessed a motorcycle accident....yikes

Guy on a Kawi stopped at a crosswalk to let pedestrians cross and got rearended by an old guy in a Civic. Hit him so hard the bumper was stuck into the back of the bike! the loaded buddy into an abulance and took him away. Hope the guys okay.....

Last week another biker rearened a transport truck and when he hit the front wheel lodged into the aluminum box and stuck there. The bike caught fire with the unconsious rider still on the bike. He didnt make it. Not a good week for bikes so far this season......