CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Anyone have experience with this exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with this exhaust?

link
Just wondering if anyone has one of these and if they're any good says you dont need to re-jet which makes me raise an eyebrow. Id really like a Vance &Hines system but havnt had any luck finding one. The stock exhaust is just to dam quiet.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 AM

I don't know what they are like on the 1000F but a few guys have fitted them to the 1100xx Blackbird without issues.

Sandy bike spares seems to be one of the better ones out there.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AJboughtanothermotorcycle
The stock exhaust is just to dam quiet.
When you open up a system, it requires re-jetting from stock. A V&H 4-1 has a tuned header and open can. It is a performance system tuned for WOT applications. The V&H is not your best system for city ridding because your not at WOT. In the photo I can see that the Sandy bike spares does not have a tuned header and if they say you don't need to re-jet, its due to a can that is just as restrictive as a stock system. Therefore it will have the same (or similar) db output. Maybe Dean0 can shed some light on the db providing he has heard a Bird with that system on it.

Its a nice looking looking system from what I can see but, you will have little to no power increase and little to no sound increase. The bike will preform like stock in city ridding.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 PM

I would go for the Delkevic-system

Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM

^Id really like a 4-2-1 for better looks/ performance. I wish Holeshot made a system for the cane. The one Ive got on my ZR is still one of the best exhaust noises Ive heard off an I4

Old 08-29-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jabbekot
I would go for the Delkevic-system
Delkevic make nice end cans and link pipes - but the blackbird guys say that they do not like the delkevic headers. Seems to give the bike a rough feel.

Mabe someone who has used the Delkevic headers on the 1000F can comment further.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Maybe Dean0 can shed some light on the db providing he has heard a Bird with that system on it.
Only one I have heard was not much louder than stock - deeper tone, yes - but not much louder.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^ That's what I expected!

I did a search on the Delkevic for the bird and its a tunes system. It would make the bike jumpy or hoppy at low RPM, kind of like when the carbs are out of sync a bit.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:43 AM

Vance & Hines SS2-R Performance Exhaust System - Street Motorcycle 1996 Honda CBR1000F - Motorcycle Superstore here's a link to the v&h exhaust.

If you can't get something thru a local shop I definitely recommend motorcycle superstore, every time I've ordered something from them it's at my door in 3 days and their prices are pretty good.

I have the v&h 4-2-1 on mine with the racing baffle and I love the sound, kinda loud but it makes it easier for others to hear me when I'm next to 'em or coming up on 'em.

As for jetting I also have pod air filters and a v&h powerpack, running 42 pilot jets, 127.5 mains, moved the clip down 1 on the needles and that seemed to hit right where she needs to be

Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM

^ Thanks for the info not sure if I wanna mess with pod filters yet (I just bought a K&N) Sadly its out of stock there. Found it in stock here
but its a bit more expensive and it wont ship for 3 weeks O_o Illl keep looking

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with this exhaust?