CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Another season has begun

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another season has begun

Today i took it for the shakedown of all the work i have done on it in the winter, it was running b eautifully, Mention: Buell footpegs yes they are comfy but the shifting partern on an 88 make it harder , it will require some fiddling or i will remove them so they might be for sale! They are already grined, i will let you know, but she was defenitly happy to wake up!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sure has Mon Ami, put new tires on today , this week oil, filter , flush coolent ,
change some hoses and orings (thanks malbo), clean the chain and lube , new sprocket
coming during the week ( what else ) .............I'm foaming at the mouth here in anticipation of the whole riding season ........om turning almost fanatical. 60 degrees
here this afternoon outside my garage (warmed up a stiff new tire nicely).

Well good luck to everyone this riding season ..... "Ride Safe"

Old 03-07-2010, 06:54 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah , I think everyone in the Northern Hemisphere is chomping at the bit and foaming at the mouth .

I know personally I'm gonna' give it a blast tomorrow

But as Sprock says , stay safe , ease into it , I wan't to ride for the WHOLE season !!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not only you guys up the top who are ready for the change in season. It was way too hot here a while ago to enjoy the bike. Then there were bush fires, hail and all the rest of it.

Some of you guys have had a ***** of a Winter up there, that's for sure. Looked pretty in the photos, but I get 'cabin fever' if I'm stuck inside for even a day so it would have driven me nuts.

Soon as the mud dries out here I'll be back on the bike..can't wait. I start to have bike riding dreams if I don't go for a spin often enough. I can't imagine not being able to ride for months...I'd have to find some other kind of therapy.

Ride safe fellas and watch for the cops! I'm sure they miss the extra cash when the bikes are off the road.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 PM

Oh Yes,
It's getting time to ride again. I've been out a fair amount since january when i bought the old girl but the weather is picking up a bit now. It reached a high of 45f today (wow) which is still very chilly but the sun was out and it's been a long time since we've seen sun up until this week, so lets make the most of it, lol.

Ride safe guys, you may be rusty if you've had a lay off for winter

Gaz

Old 03-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah, I got to ride all weekend and I'll hopefully be starting the "permanent" season commute tomorrow morning.
It's a beautiful feeling.

In fact, today I made sure to leave everything at work that was too big to comfortable carry back and forth on the bike (tools, etc. etc.).
I think I'm ready to roll.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Yeah buddies!! I got out on Sunday too, got to ride both scoots. The "Cane" solo for a good while - man, she runs great, got out on the big roads to excercise the throttle Thinking I'll replace the chain, but thats all she needs.

Met up with a friend later on and got out on the VTX, cruised the seaside towns - I think the whole state was out

Old 03-10-2010, 08:24 AM

Wish i was over there. I love the USA. Only been once but it was awesome, and you get lots better weather than us, lol.

Gaz

Old 03-17-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by NoBrains01
Wish i was over there. I love the USA. Only been once but it was awesome, and you get lots better weather than us, lol.

Gaz
Ha, yeah usually better, but this was the worst winter 'round here for as long as I can remember. 4 major snowstorms Dec - Feb, and this past week a nor'easter, that took out trees, power lines all over NJ/NY and caused major flooding in areas that never have that problem. Some folks still without power.

I've never been to the UK, and prob. wont since my wife has never been on a plane. My 17yr old daughter is headin' over with her History club on the 28th, touring London, Paris. I'm jealous.

This year more than ever am I looking forward to spring and riding.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM

Don't bother coming over here mate, it's sh*te, lol. Paris is nice though but the Eifel tower is a bugger to find

Yeh, roll on summer

Gaz

Quick Reply: Another season has begun