CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed

All,
Well it has been a while since posting but riding, working and remodeling the house has kept me busy. After weeks of working to meet my wife's desires of a complete alteration to her kitchen and dining room, putting in 10 hour days over the Thanksgiving holiday and working until late in the evenings; she offered a surprise.
She asked if I was still looking at a new 2008 CBR1000RR and I said yes. She offered to "make a deal" and I had to bite. "Remodel the living room, master bath and basement and you can get one!" After ****ting my pants I asked was she serious and then she told me that if I made the deal, she would not mind.
Great Scott...I love this women. The problem is that she called my bluff. I need to know what you guys think of the '08 CBR1000RR. Any issues, other owner's comments, etc. Locally, they are $7,499.00 and I plan to buy Jan. 2nd or 3rd. Thanks, Leanit

Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't that make you some sort of renovation prostitute mate? . Bloody good work if you can get it..good luck to you!

I've only read good things about them, after all... they're Hondas. Mind warping power, sweet handling, great brakes. Don't know about comfort though but that's just me. Why don't you hop over to the 1000RR bit of cbr forum, and ask some of the boys what they think? Of course they might still be sore about the ROTM issues they've been having, and not talk to you . Good on you mate!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 PM

Is she going to buy it for you? If not, I'd say you're already due whatever bike you want and can afford.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that's a big Xmas Tree..........congrat's you lucky bastard.

Like Paco from PA says ........you earned it.

So ya keeping both right ?? hee hee..........c'mon now no lies ....lol

Old 12-08-2009, 10:40 PM

I know its not the same but i used to have a 2005 600rr. Great bike all around no issues and tones and tones of fun. As all hondas are! I did have a couple friends i used to ride with that had the 1000rr and they also loved them. Experienced riders with different models under there belts but prefer the honda. Lots of power and handles the corners like few other. Anyways that’s my 2 cents lol. 1000rr is defiantly my choice unless you want to dish out for the new BMW s1000rr...

Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 AM
Default Thanks for the replies

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
No doubt a great CBR
Realistically though..... they are boy racer stuff that is fine to have if you are flush with cash and can afford to keep more than one CBR in your garage ..

Sore **** ...
Dead back ...
Not very practical
Look great
good fun for short bursts but way to much money for a toy IMO

but if yu lovem and are not planning on going far on her ....and you are rich ...why not !!!

BTW - If I had 8,000 CASH !! to throw away (without any finance involved? )
....YER i WOULD HAVE one in the garage as well , along side my Sport touring 1000F Hurricane...
but would I swap my old Hurricane for one ....??

NO BLOODY WAY !!! .... not for any reason ...
I like to cruise at high speed and then be able to walk afterwards at the end of the day ...
Yeah Steve,
I agree with what everyone has replied with. Great bike and I have wanted one since they were introduced but on the practical side, they have to be seen as just toys. No touring for this 46 yr. old back.
I will keep all of my bikes and the F is set up for touring since I added the tank/saddle bags and sheep skin seat cover. To answer Dave's question, oh yeah, a renovation prostitute I am. When this deal started, I jokingly said to my wife, 'if you're not careful, I may not come home one day and just find some strange to hook-up with!' She looked at me and laughed but offered this, "if you had 3 more inches, you could get some strange at home..." Damn, I get no respect! Ha!
Thanks guys!

Old 12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We really need a 'green with envy' icon . "All of my bikes" ???? Be sure and put up some pics of your new 'toy'....lucky ba5tard....mumble....mutter....

Old 12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

sheep skin seat cover

That makes here all the more attractive in some members eyes

Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM

BAAAA BAAAA...ouch

Quick Reply: Advice needed