CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

1994 cbr 1000 f info ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have stated these are great bikes that like high speed and long sweeping turns. The weight bias is to far forward to pull wheelies easily and like Dave stated you'll blow the fork if you're not careful. If you enjoy riding a long distance but don't want a Goldwing this is your bike. If you want to be the fastest at the strip or track this probably isn't. These bikes don't respond well to major mods. If you mod the suspension the tend to get squirley in the turns. An extended swing arm just gets the rear wheel to spin farther away from your buttocks and increases the chances of injury if the chain snaps. Modding the carb or intake make it extremely hard to tune with minimal HP returns for the dollar. I have seen a couple of these bikes with turbos and that will increase your top end speed and decrease the mileage your rear tire sees. I have a 4into one and slightly different jets and have run the quarter in 10.75 and 137mph. I've had the bike up to around 150mph on a nice long stretch of deserted road. I say around 150 because at that speed the wind coming through/over the fairing shakes your head so much the speedo is hard to read.
I guess what it comes down to is that Honda made a really great bike with this model that did exactly what is was designed to do very well, which was a sport touring bike. Its not a great sport bike or a great touring bike. But it is the perfect sport tourer IMHO. Modding this bike to improve the single aspect, sport or touring, usually hurts the overall performance more than it helps the single aspect, again IMHO.
Give it a good tune up and balace the carbs. Try the linked brakes and see if you can adjust your style to them. Put your girl or guy on the back and see that these bikes don't really care if you're riding 1 or 2 up. See if you like the bike for what it is, a great sport touring bike.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 PM

Everyone has summed it up well for you very very well. It's not an RR by any means, but it's know slouch.

One thing I want you to know is these are very well built bikes! The quality of parts, engineering, and workmanship is outstanding! With proper care and maintenance, you will have many more riding miles to come!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They call them ballistic sofas for a reason - I did a run recently with a BMW1200 -
we did 12 kilometers in 2'45" - that's 261.81 KPH/163.64MPH average over the run from a rolling start at top speed. Even if the speedo's are a bit optimistic - the Garmin isn't bad......
Not bad for a 21 year old lady, huh ?

I don't care if it won't do wheelies or isn't a good drag bike. It'll do for me
Each to his own, tho'....................

Old 05-01-2010, 12:44 PM

ok guys you telling me that the rr motor wasnt some how redesgin from this one..... had to be... this is a awsome bike i really into this 1000f but i want to make it raw theres got to be a way big bore kit or something lol as far as wheelies not to worried dont do them much anyway but being able to open this bike up some more and get this low rpm lag in throttle out and try to drag my knee lol can a tl1000s beat this bike and no im not a young punk

Old 05-01-2010, 01:15 PM

with the right gearing you should be set. i am running an aftermarket exhaust and an open intake and the bike really moves when i get into it. there is a big bore kit and supposedly its one of the best things you can do to these bad boys, but im going to hold off on that since im not sure i want to tear into the motor unless i have to.

dragging knees with this bike is going to be a lot harder than you think. leaning it that far over is going to be very hard.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:35 PM

TL1000S - sure with the correct gearing.... I'd say -1F, +2 rear, so 16/44. Not much will get by you. Dragging your knee - no problem - The exhaust shrouds catch the road before the footpegs on my 90 model, so..............watch it .Big bore kit from Wiseco pushes them out to (about) 1049, maybe more, even 1098.
Bikes are still heavy and more used for high speed touring, though.
I have a set of sports pipes with bigger diameter from the motor to the end, so better breathing. K&N filter and Stage1 jet kit.
Runs fine as stated above - good enough for me.
I suspect we have another convert.............always good......

Last edited by Shadow; 05-01-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:32 PM

I have yet to find a reasonable way to get rid of the low rpm lag. There are no aftermarket cams for these bikes and retiming the valve opening and closing is the only way I know of to effectively move the powerband. Just keep the RPM above 6k and you should enjoy the ride.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:42 AM

sweet how do you run this bike on an open air box
or no air box

Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 AM

Short answer - YOU DON'T.....
It takes a huge amount of effort to fit pod filters, and rejet etc etc and getting it to run right isn't something you should even be considering at this stage.
Run a std filter or a K&N if you want to - no rejetting required.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:10 PM

my bike runs fine without an air box. it just runs lean up top, which will be remedied by putting in my bigger jets. you guys also have no clue how cool it sounds when the floats open up when you hit about 7000 RPM.

i am unsure if i am even going to put filters on it, as bad as that sounds. i dont know if i can get any to fit on the carbs without having to put an adapter on them anyway because the gas tank sits so close to them. ill have to take pictures when i get everything finalized and let everyone know what size jets i end up running.

either way, it can be done and telling people you cant is kind of ignorant.

Quick Reply: 1994 cbr 1000 f info ????