Alternative Parts What fits where, what else will fit, resources + bike manuals

Seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat cover

Guys,
I just got one of these and it fits great. If your after a replacement seat cover, look no further than this one. Cheers.

CBR1000F seat cover for Honda CBR1000 F HURRICANE 237 | eBay

Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 PM

What did the installation involve? How easy was it, and what tools did you need? I've been thinking about this cover- Honda CBR1000F Seat Cover CBR1000 1000F 90-96 (PS) - <title>Excel Custom Forming Aftermarket Parts for Motorcycles & ATVs</title> $32 shipping included in the US. They sell these covers on ebay under the name joemama1931. Anyone know anything about them.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Banned

Installation was easy mate. I took it to an upholsterer friend of mine and he did it for me...lol. Its stapled around the seat and glued around the edges of the petcock hole. He did say that the cover I got from Ebay was of a high quality as it had a rubber inlay in it he said and was very stretchable. I just put the plastic petcock surrounds back on and its good to go. I'd recommend the one I got buddy. Well worth it. Cheers.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Banned

Gday matey. All goin good in sunny Newcastle. 'Ive had seats redone before and been charged $100 or there abouts. the cover was 51 US or something posted to the door. I had it in 4 days or so. The upholster did say he didn't have that grade of cover that I had got on Ebay so it seems I did well there. Im happy with the job he did so all good. She is coming back together nicely. If I could only get the other bits I've ordered from the dam bike shop I could get most of it back up and running. Seems parts are coming from Japan and have been waiting 2 weeks so far. I'll keep chipping away at it and she should be up and back on the road soon.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Banned

She has her own Skype log in mate but sometimes uses mine. When I say sunny I shouldnt....lol. It rains more often than not up here and we got a hell of a storm this arvo. Wouldve got an inch or more I reckon. Its nice now though. I'm down for the GP mate. Don't think I'll be in Vic before that but I'll let you know for sure if I am. Cheers.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bordo
Installation was easy mate. I took it to an upholsterer friend of mine and he did it for me
That's not what I wanted to hear.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just added some foam and new vinyl to the pan on my F3. The only hard part was the
stapling. Till I found this at Harbor Freight. Wow! @90psi, it set 3/8 staples with ease.
$30 bucks for the foam and vinyl, $25 for the stapler and $10 for a can of 3M m99
spray adhesive. $65 total and I have a new seat AND a new stapler.

20 Gauge Wide Crown Air Stapler

Ern

Quick Reply: Seat cover