Alternative Parts What fits where, what else will fit, resources + bike manuals

Handle Bar Risers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handle Bar Risers

I've been looking around some, in the hopes to find handle bar risers. It doesn't seem that there are many options for a bike that appears to be outdated in after market parts manufacturers - have they never looked in here?!?!

Anyways, i ran across this link:

http://www.oncycles.com/catalog.asp?r=1&pn=MCB00254

Of course, now i'm wondering whether that's a good price and if anyone has experience with these folks, etc.

All info is appreciated!

F.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder how much handlebar shake there is without the end weights?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Naga_Thai
I wonder how much handlebar shake there is without the end weights?
You can always ad more weight.

Here is a link that I have had in my back pocket (not really, I have posted it many times).

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm

Old 07-21-2009, 06:17 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Surely someone could make up these things on a lathe/milling machine etc, and turn them out. Price seems outrageous for what they are...??

Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

For what it is worth, those adapters in the link I supplied have the ears and plate in one piece. In the photo that FargAT supplied they are bolted on. Why can’t you simply find the ears (clamps) for some other bike and install them by drilling holes in the factory plate? You could saw off the ends and run bolts through the clamps directly into the plate.

Just more options.....

Old 07-22-2009, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
For what it is worth, those adapters in the link I supplied have the ears and plate in one piece. In the photo that FargAT supplied they are bolted on. Why can’t you simply find the ears (clamps) for some other bike and install them by drilling holes in the factory plate? You could saw off the ends and run bolts through the clamps directly into the plate.

Just more options.....

That's the option I have been looking at, I think earlier models had a completely flat top yoke is there anyone who knows if they are interchangeable with later models?

Early

Late

Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 PM

This is the LSL kit they import from Germany. I ordered it and it took a couple of weeks to arrive.

I installed it over the last week. Very good quality. It uses the existing cables on my '94, which is great, but they have to be re-routed, which means - to keep things simple - dropping the forks.

This would have been no big deal if I had read the (poor) instruction sheet before starting. As it was I removed the fairings and generally fiddled around unnecessarily.

IMPORTANT POINT - you will need to drill two small holes in the bars to retain the throttle and clutch side plastic housings. Alternately remove the retaining tabs on the housings and use tape to stop them slipping round the handle bars. I did the latter which was probably a mistake.

Originally Posted by FargAT
I've been looking around some, in the hopes to find handle bar risers. It doesn't seem that there are many options for a bike that appears to be outdated in after market parts manufacturers - have they never looked in here?!?!

Anyways, i ran across this link:

http://www.oncycles.com/catalog.asp?r=1&pn=MCB00254

Of course, now i'm wondering whether that's a good price and if anyone has experience with these folks, etc.

All info is appreciated!

F.

Quick Reply: Handle Bar Risers