Aftermarket levers for ('94 1000F)??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got pics of the swap?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have ebay pazzo knockoffs for the 98-05 VTR and they fit perfectly and work great.
Please, everyone keep in mind that he's talking about VTR1000F levers. NOT VTR1000 levers!! The VTR1000 (without the "f") is also known as the RVT1000 in the states (RC51) and a few people have been burned by this. The RC51 levers will not fit.
If you're gonna get a set, you HAVE to make sure they are for the VTR1000F.

Other models that should fit are as follows:

VFR750 1991-1997
VFR800 2002-2009 (but NOT the VFR800 1998-2001!)
CBF1000 2006-2009
VF750S SABRE 1982-1986

I put Pazzo knock offs on mine a couple weeks back that fit a Blackbird. I can hardly tell the difference between them and Pazzos. Quality is the same it seems. They work fine. These guys seems to do the best deal with them.
Bordo, I really wish you would quit saying that. You had to put a screw in the brake lever where it contacts the cylinder plunger. I would NOT call that a "worked fine" and I would never run a brake lever like that. Never. They're the wrong levers.

Got pics of the swap?
Sure! However, my digital camera is f'd up, my wife's is MIA, and my boy's has no charger. lol...
Crappy cell pics is all I have right now until I get out tomorrow and buy a slick new Canon.....

Name:  0930101957.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  60.4 KB

The reason I show the brake here is because it's the one that generally doesn't fit. Many of the Honda hydraulic clutch levers will work (BB/RC51/etc), but the brake levers will not. This is a VTR1000F brake lever and it fits.

Here is a pic of the set of levers:
Name:  0930102001.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  36.0 KB

Quality is even a bit better than I expected for $48 shipped.

I'm gonna start my own thread about all this to try and cut the confusion.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trout,
No need to get excited about it. I said they work mate cause they do. Whether someone decides to do what I did I couldn't give a fuvk. Fact is they fit and if you did what I did they work. Some guys on here choose to use Rotella oil and a two dollar oil filter which I think is a cheap a$rse way out of looking after your motor but hey they like it and good luck to them. Others cut holes in the bike and put in 12volt outlets etc etc. Each to their own I say. I don't get on here though advising them to do otherwise or complaining if they do. I thought the idea of these forums was to express an opinion. I thought we were all entitled to one. Maybe I was wrong. You might not run a brake lever like that but I did. I've ridden it over 1000km since and it is fine.

Last edited by Bordo; 10-01-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Levers : Some even neater knockoff options

LINK on Ebay ...
Might try a set of these , fold-able and extend-able

Last edited by Sprock; 10-26-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any seller in general I should buy a set from as we know their product is better than another? I want to buy a set but don't want to deal with poor quality ya know.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All these chinese knockoffs appear to be okay quality man

Set I got from 144mph ....were good .....we'll see how they wear
but for short money even if they are disposables ....who cares !

Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trout,
No need to get excited about it. I said they work mate cause they do. Whether someone decides to do what I did I couldn't give a fuvk. Fact is they fit and if you did what I did they work. Some guys on here choose to use Rotella oil and a two dollar oil filter which I think is a cheap a$rse way out of looking after your motor but hey they like it and good luck to them. Others cut holes in the bike and put in 12volt outlets etc etc. Each to their own I say. I don't get on here though advising them to do otherwise or complaining if they do. I thought the idea of these forums was to express an opinion. I thought we were all entitled to one. Maybe I was wrong. You might not run a brake lever like that but I did. I've ridden it over 1000km since and it is fine.
We're not talking about opinions. There's a huge difference. Not thinking you should cut a hole in a panel for a 12V outlet is an opinion and has nothing to do with safety.

You're talking about modifying a brake lever with a screw so it contacts the master plunger. It's ridiculous and unsafe. PERIOD. It's not an opinion.

The blackbird levers DO NOT FIT. That's all there is to it. And it annoys the hell out of me that you've said so many times that they do. (and continue to say so!!)
They DON'T. They're the WRONG LEVERS!!!!!
I'm sorry that you bought the wrong ones, dude, but suck it up and get the right ones. People should not modify their brake levers like that. Not ever. And I can't sit back and act like it's ok while you advise others to do something so stupid. If you find me one other person who would condone buying the wrong levers and modifying them to fit like that (which you won't), I'll tell them the same thing I told you.

And on the rotella oil deal, it's not cheaping out on your motor at all. It's just being an informed consumer who refuses to buy into bullchit marketing hype and magical moto oil that costs 4X as much money. I'll stick with mobil 1 car oil and rotella because it's proven itself to be great oil.
It's JASO certified for use in motorcycles with wet clutches, too, btw. I wouldn't recommend something that I even had ANY doubt about.

And furthermore, it really kills me that you want to call rotella users cheap asses for saving money. You won't hesitate to ask people to ship you stuff from over here so you can save a couple bucks (which I gladly do), but we're the cheap asses. lol...

Old 12-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK - TIME OUT
If Bordo wants to modify his levers to fit, that's his choice, and his lookout IMO
But, in fairness, I agree that modding brake levers is not something I'd do. Druther buy the right ones.....
As for the oil, I did plenty of research including talking by phone with lubrication Pr Engs and they all agreed that Rotella T is a great oil for bikes.
As for the other "modifications, great if you like them - I've stayed away from modding my panels up to now (mainly because finding replacements is impossible here) but each to his own - everyone has a different attitude to what THEY want to do with their bike to make them more comfortable or whatever. VFR bars come to mind.
Let's just remember, everyone can have an opinion, we'll never all agree, but let's try to keep it civil, OK...... Please. The purists would hate me for my Garmin mount......but it's MINE, OK
If I slide up the tank and bust my ******* on it, that's my lookout Gawd forbid - I'd end up with a bag like Nevada Joe and his thong..........