Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Slip-on with no fuel mods???

Old 11-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip-on with no fuel mods???

I am looking to get a slip-on, and need to here other opinions on fuel manegment. The shop says I can put a slip-on without re-mapping, or getting an adjustable fuel monitor. Every bike I have ever owned I have had to re-jet, or similar, when I installed a pipe. Any opinions?? 05' CBR 600RR...

Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Default RE: Slip-on with no fuel mods???

it does not matter, u dont have to remap it!!! but if u want to get little better set up u should get another map...u could just get themat www.powercommander.com full or slip on they have the map for it.......

Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM

OEM map should, for the most part, adjust to the leaner conditions of the pipe.

Re-mapping will simply compliment the pipe and add adjustability for current and future mods.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 PM

Like the others said. You don't have to re-map, but you might not get 100% performance from your mods with out a re-map. A power comander is a good way to go.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Scorpion Oval Canister.

No mods needed for Fi or carb bikes.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:18 PM

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0...ips/index.html
Plan on buying a power commander down the road.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:50 PM

I am in the prosses of driving myself nuts on exaust. I have a 07 1k repsol. Im still pretty happy with stock. I am not sure if it is running a good as possible. Dont get me wrong. The few times I get twist a couple gears in a row she screams! pulls like hell. I think puttingon a slip on pipe has to be 95%sound 5% perf. Am I wrong? I am looking at some mellow pipes. Has anyone had Scorpion. I saw it and heard it. Seemed nice. A diff look. It sounded tuff. Not annoying. Any info Thank You!

Old 11-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Here is my .02 cents over this issue. When I took off my OEM muffler, I inserted a flashlight into the side connecting to the header. This was at night and I could not see any light coming from the other side. My Vance and Hines slip on is straight through because I can look straight through it. In my opinion, there is definitly alot less restriction. You can run a slip on with thefactory fuel set-up without any problems but in order to get max performance I say you need to rejet to take advantage of the baffleless set-up. Slip-ons do indeed move alot more air then a factory muffler.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 PM

akrapovic needs no remapping tuning ect...

Old 12-01-2007, 04:49 PM

I put a Leo Vince on mine. First time out it was comming up off the throttle in 2nd. Never did that stock. (80-85f) Then afterless than50 miles of city driving, it couldn't quit lift the front in second. It also stratedsounding really funk in the point where your not no the gas but notoff either. The power commanderwith the genric Leo map fixed most of that. I'm going to get mine dynoed after Chritmas. I've read a custom map smooths out the highs & lows brought about by each bikes individuale traits. Trans gear lash, built on a Monday, ect. I'm sold on the concept because of the way the generic Leo map soomthed out a lot of the torque spike my stock map had that was making it hardto get the bike up into a high angle to ride it further on the rear meat.

All that probably didn't help much so how's this?
SPEND WISELY.
It's an expensive hobby. Ifnot?Then you pay with the time yousteal awayfor it.Either way we all have to pay to see the show.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slip-on with no fuel mods???