Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Safety issue-BRAKE LIGHT

Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safety issue-BRAKE LIGHT

I guess this is the right thred for this. But I want a brighter tail light. Do they make one that is say maybe full of those bright *** LED's and maybe starts flashing when you apply brake to warn drivers behind you? I about got hit by two diffrent cars because apperantly the person they were talking to was more important than my life. The first car i didnt even notice sneak up on me untill SCREEECH and around they went.[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Default RE: Safety issue-BRAKE LIGHT

those LED lights are hard to see at daytime they are bright at night tho!

Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't matter what you're running back there -- certain cagers just won't pay attention. That's why YOU have to. Consider yourself extremely lucky that the screeching fool missed you. Not meaning to crawl your case, really. But I'd hate to read that you got plowed over by some cell phone soccer mom bitch.

Be aware -- the world needs more wares.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:59 AM

wow close call man. Glad to here your ok.

Nipz~

Old 01-18-2005, 02:02 AM

There is something called a "BACK-OFF BRAKE LIGHT MODULE" which makes your brake light flash about three times and then go on steady. It is available at any motorcycle store via PARTS UNLIMITED for about $32.95 part #DS-272352

Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 AM

yea I hate those things tho lol!

watch out or those cagers!@!

Old 01-18-2005, 10:53 PM

ok so led's in daytime are not to bright.and they are at night. So how about the blinker thing on my stock brakelight and doing the led in your pegs mod for extra light at night? any draw bikes to the peg thing such as , peg might brake or something? thanks for ya'lls input

Old 01-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know what to tell you. Here's the thing -- the cagers that do pay attention will see your LED lights during the day or night unless they're being blinded by the sun -- of course you can't see regular bulbs under those circumstances either. Now the cagers that are busy dancing, eating, talkin on the phone, reading the paper, putting on make up, shaving and everything else but driving will not notice you even if you put a frikkin light house beacon on the back.

I don't want to discourage anyone from adding doo-dads to make you more noticeable but I question how effective they are. My advice is to stay aware of your surroundings at all times -- but especially when stopped at a light or when braking.

Old 07-03-2005, 08:29 PM

Stretcher,
I agree, after riding for over 25 years I have never been hit because I stay aware of whats goin on around and behind me. If someone is coming up fast and close I do one of two things, speed up and get out of his lane or just speed to @#!$ up and put him far behind me.
Sound advice it doesnt matter how many lights you have on or what type, you could be a freaking Christmas Tree and get hit if you dont pay attention.
Look at how many police get hit when they are issuing citations.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:50 AM

couldn`t agree more with the blind cagers debate, about 3 months ago i was coming down my local slip road when i noticed a guy infront was going really close to a cyclist. The cyclist had flourescent jacket and pants on, lights all round and a flashing one on his back. You guessed it this guy went straight through him!!! Ouch !!![:@]

I stopped and the first thing this gimp said was i didnt see him, so if they can`t see that then you gotta watch them!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Safety issue-BRAKE LIGHT