Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

renthal bars // geometry

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 04:09 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default renthal bars // geometry

hey guys.

got a f3 build thread, link on my page if it takes your fancy.

anyway, looking for a bit of advice.

been through a couple of sets of renthals now and if I'm honest I've never really looked into the geometry much before, usually i'll just find a good deal on second hand ones, usually mx or trials as wider is preferable to me, and have at it.

never had a bad experience but... i'm a bmxer and i know just how much difference slight changes in bar geometry can make. an inch in length, half an inch rise, these things have massive impact on a push bike. so its dawned upon me that by just throwing 'anything' on I'm likely to be slightly hindering the feeling of the bike. which is a fair train of thought i reckon.

looking to make a well educated guess on buying something with appropriate geometry. anyone got some experience i can draw something from, preferences and whatnot?

its not really cost efficient to buy a new set of bars every other week or month just to get an idea of feel is it.

have a bit of an inclination towards fatbars at the moment but i do love the braced look.

thanks guys,
B.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've found that the farther back and taller the bar, the more wheelie prone the bike is... I usually use the lowest bend with as little pull back as possible.

Ever thought about about a drag bar?

Last edited by Conrice; 07-26-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
I've found that the farther back and taller the bar, the more wheelie prone the bike is... I usually use the lowest bend with as little pull back as possible.

Ever thought about about a drag bar?
kind of surprised by the lack of input lolz you always seem to respond though conrice haha atleast someone is keen, so cheers man.

yeah i can see that, drag bars tend to be really flat don't they? for keeping the weight over the front wheel, quite like the look of them, not sure if i'd like the forward riding position of a total flat bar.

i'd imagine the rise and sweep give it a bit more flick-ability, i kind of think i prefer that over stability as i like chucking the bike about. think I'm going to try a fatbar with something a little less extreme than mx (but still wide) geometry for a change and take it from there, guess the problem is that i have no idea what i actually prefer yet haha