Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

LED Rear Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LED Rear Pegs

i met a guy who had these. they look sweet. he drilled his pegs himself. inserted the led's and wired them 2 his turn signals so they worked with his flush mounts. Genius. look awesome and added safety. what more can u ask 4?

Old 11-10-2005, 01:31 AM

In Oregon, can't use Red or Blue, since emergency vehicles use these colors but all others are fair game.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:20 AM

i don't like them coz they remind me of silly disco fever

feel that they're better suited for trucking applications

Old 11-11-2005, 04:30 AM

i was gonna take my pegs off till i saw these. i likey. i'm also in cali and i go with the idea that all my mods are illegal, that way i'm never surprised if i get a ticket.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:09 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Here is a link to someone on eBay who is doing this as well. $60 ain't bad... and they come in red, blue, green, white and amber. Others available as well, you just need to contact him. Just thought I'd share for those of you who are interested.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i actually have them on my pegs...they aren't so great during the day as the leds aren't very bright or visible at certain angles.
the strip ones where no drilling is required are super bright from all angles. look into those before you shell out money on these.

T

Old 01-26-2006, 03:04 PM
L8X

yeah those are pretty cool.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:36 PM

Cheaper to do it yourself, All you need to do is drill the proper size holes in your peg brackets insert the LED's use a hot glue gun to fill in the back side of the bracket where the wires are located to keep them from falling out, connect the wires ensure you install a resistor so you get the proper blinking speed. If your concern about them being hard to see during the day just give your bracket a quick sand where the LED's stick out and then paint it black, this will make them more visable during daylight hours. I am in the process of doing this myself, I will post pic's when I am finish.
Oh....you can pick up the LED's at any Walmart for dirt cheap (pack of 4-5 for $15) or goto any auto detailer and purchase the more high end LED's, prices will be more expensive for the high end ones of course.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: throttleone

i was just wondering if this are legal here in california, does anyone know?
anything with LED's is illegal, even hanging something from your rear-view mirror is "illegal" haha.. i say the more light on a bike, the better you are.. a cop cant give you a ticket for trying to be noticed (meaning not be side-swipe). I guess they could, but wouldn't hold up in court.. =)

I'm rephrasing - Anything with "Neons" or any light parts that do not deal with "brakes, turn signals or head lights" are illegal, but i do believe the colors have to be what they are supposed to be (turn signals = yellow, brakes - red, head lights =white/blue)

but im going to do this little mod, not many cops ticketing people in vegas anyways (all trying to find criminals and murderers)

Old 01-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

um i think you may want to rephrase. many new vehicles now come with LED tail lights, etc.

Quick Reply: LED Rear Pegs