Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

LED ground affect light placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED ground affect light placement

Saturday I am installing my Street glow under body LED kit. I am looking for prefered best areas for underbody lighting. Thanks in advance

Old 05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: LED ground affect light placement

IF that is the set with the two 8" and two 6" strips and 4 pods with four license plate bolts...i can tell you...i installed that and where i put them...

i personally didn't want a ton of "ground" glow i just wanted interior glow....as it turned out i got one cool little line under the body that actually looks pretty sick...but it's not overpowering at all....

so anyways...sorry i have no good pics, i am waiting for it to get nice out for some decent ones....

i have two pods under the tank by the seat...this glows the rear shock and the swingarm really nice...then i have the two long strips ziptied to the frame where the openings are in the side fairings (i used black and can't notice them, plus i am putting mesh over the holes)....i put one pod on either side right at the mounting point of the side fairings by the lowest opening in the side fairings...then i put the smaller strips and mounted them on the sub frame that is exposed underneath the rear fairing on either side....

it looks great...here's a pic and a vid....also...the only thing i might do is add another strip to the frame at the larger side fairing openings so it is brighter, but as is...right now...i like it a lot...i got a lot of looks riding with it the first time....

Name:  bike4.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  bike3.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  35.4 KB

Video

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...4162008009.flv

Old 05-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Ya pictures would be worth a thousand words if you can get them up before Saturday Morning. If not no biggie. You described the placement very good. I was thinking about mounting a strip on each side of the rear swing arm. but up close to the bend so I can still put it up in the air with my stand. Also I was worried that these were not that bright as the ones I got when hooked to a car battery seemed very week in light output

Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered Users

if you got the streetglow kit...then you got what i got...

here's a better idea of placement...also...i went for a stealth look...you can't really see the actual LEDS on the bike...meaning...you can't see the light source....all you see is the glow....that is why mine are hidden...thus putting them on the swinger for me would be defeating the purpose...

Name:  mylighting.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  80.9 KB

also here's the kit i got....like i said...may get a strip or two more...but i don't want to be crazy bright..just subtle...but that's just me...

Name:  9f71fe5a.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  89.7 KB

Old 05-06-2008, 03:07 AM

It all done and I am happy with the results. A buddy helped me with the wiring as he is very detailed with it. I don't have a picture of the switch but it is mounted on the rail under the seat which I can access while riding but it is hidden very nicely. Also I have 2 pods left over and didn't install the licence plate bolts. One pod was mounted in the center at the rear part of the tank shining onto the rear shock. The 8in strip was mounted to the subframe and looks sweet as it can be viewed as running lights as well. The 6in strips were mounted to the front frame rails under the plastics in the front shining on the motor throught the plastics holes. Also a pod was mounted under the front of the frame where it meets the forks. The rear end is def more lit, but the front end does glow nicely at night. The pictures posted was in the middle of the day in the garage but I will try to get some shots of it at night.

Name:  YellowGlow2.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  64.3 KB
Name:  YellowGlow7.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  62.7 KB

Old 05-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered Users

nice job.....i like!

Old 05-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Hey Glocker - what color did you go with ( i have the same color bike) also got any pics?

I was considering white, but im not sure yet?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 AM

those pictures with lights look really cool! I have been thinking about installing LED strips and pods for a while. The only thing that is holding me back is that I am not real handy when it comes to mechanicals. Is it pretty easy to install and do the wiring? where does the light gets the power from, battery i am assuming.

Any suggestion on which manufacture to get the lights from for 2007 CBR600RR?

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:10 PM

Hi, Nice to glad again.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 PM

do_ you_ recomend_ that_ kit? I_was_thinking_of_this_one_in_white

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elect...spagenameZWDVW

Anyone_used_that?

Quick Reply: LED ground affect light placement