Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Installing Flush Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Flush Mounts

Hey guys... i juss got my hotbodies flush mounts and was going to try to install them... can anyone walk me through the install or have a link to a post with info on installing the flushes?... thanks in advance for any help

Old 05-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Default RE: Installing Flush Mounts

I just installed my this week - I'm going to do a write up this weekend on it, but I can tell you if you want the the turn signals to be a running light also you will need to get 4 diodes from radio shack I think the part number was NP4005 (know the number is correct not sure on the letters). I'll have a diagram done later the weekend to show you where to place them - and if you want your blinkers to flash at a more normal rate you will need to add a resistor also - personally I'm replacing my flasher with an electornic flasher so I won't need the resister in mine.

Here is a quick draw up of how things need to be connected - See the attached pic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6944/E44FB2F60DFE4D129024B621F09B7799.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-12-2006, 10:43 PM

i see the picture you send and it looks like the resister is connected to the blue/banded wire on one end and to the green and black wire on the other end... is that correct... and also what are diodes?... i have zero knowledge of electronics and how they work [sm=dontgetit.gif]... i'm sorry but can you please explain more in detail?... another thing is how are diodes connected to the wires?... for example... do i have to strip the wire in the spots where the diodes meet?... thanks for any help you can give me...

Old 05-13-2006, 01:21 AM

Ya know i went thru this awhile back and i didnt get it either so i went and got some short stalks...Lockhart Phillips and the spacers and i couldnt be happier..im no wiring genius myself but it was alot easier to connect 3 and 3 then 3 and 2 and a whole bunch of stuff...LOL...just and if anyone wants em..i have Hotbodies Flushies for an 03 600...for cheap sale...like 20 buxors....

Old 05-18-2006, 02:54 PM

I just put some HotBodies flush mounts on not that long ago. I had a tough time fitting them up, the stock hole locations didn't jive with the posts on the back of the lights. Had to do some modifications there, but nothing too serious.

And luckily for me I had a 2 year electronics course when I was in high school or else I would have been lost too. Diodes allow current to travel in one direction only. When switching from standard bulbs to LED's, diodes are a must. I have seen diode-resistor kits in several catalogs (Dennis Kirk, J&P Cycles, etc.) if you're not comfortable making them yourself. The components will only cost you a few bucks but you'll also need a soldering iron, solder, heat shrink, etc. to put 'em together. If you don't have this stuff then it may be cheaper for you to buy the kits from a catalog.

akagalford - One thing I noticed even though I put a resistor in the circuit, those babies still blink rather quickly. It's not necessarily a bad thing though... it gets more attention IMO. I also only used one diode though so like CBRFREEK said, it was a 3-2 connection. Could have something to do with my blinker speed. Oh well, the bike runs and the lights work so I'm happy!

Old 05-22-2008, 05:29 PM

I just received my flush mounts and can anyone tell me the resistor size and also the type of diodes that are needed.

Thanks,

John

Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Da CbR KiD

i see the picture you send and it looks like the resister is connected to the blue/banded wire on one end and to the green and black wire on the other end... is that correct... and also what are diodes?... i have zero knowledge of electronics and how they work [sm=dontgetit.gif]... i'm sorry but can you please explain more in detail?... another thing is how are diodes connected to the wires?... for example... do i have to strip the wire in the spots where the diodes meet?... thanks for any help you can give me...
The non-inductive resistor is in parallel with the hot bodies to make the blinker flash slower because an LED signal will make the blinkers flash hella fast. The diodes are there so current can only flow one direction through it. The diodes should be connected by soldering and shrink wrapping, its the best way to do it.

The non-inductive resistors should be around 6 ohms i believe. just close to there so the blink rate is right.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Registered Users
Angry

I used the guide wiring the 3 to 2, and the hotbodies work as running lights and blinkers through the use of 1N-4001 diodes. But the signal indicators both flash when using the signal and the rear bulbs don't flash whatsoever. Also, when I use the brake, the fronts dont flash at all, and the indicators both stay on. I do have the hotbodies blinker box that controls blinker speed when brakes are used, but how can I make this all work?!?