Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Exhaust suggestions...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust suggestions...?

Recently bought an 06 cbr 600rr. Been reading as much as i can up on my bike and what not. Decided to go with just a slip on rather than full exhaust since its my first bike and really dont plan on racing... Was told that two brothers was a really good choice from the people at the dealership. Being that most of you are CBR fanatics your advice might prove more valuable. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Exhaust suggestions...?

I have the 2bros M2h.... love it. I almost bought the yoshi carbon cone, but due to back orders for over two months, I changed my mind. Then I heard the yoshi I almost bought on a 05 600RR (same as mine) right beside me. I'm really happy now. The 2bros is much deeper and louder. So if you just want looks the yoshi is a good choice. Stay away from D&D cause they are way too loud. I sat on a bike and hit the throttle a couple of times and my ears were killing me. The 2bros is loud, but it's a deep loud, not tinny. If you know what I mean by tinny. Cheap imports have the tin can sound to them, that's what the D&D loudness is like.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Retired Administrator

I should add, most slip-on's use a 2.25" straight through design. So they perform the same so don't fall for the ads that claim 10 to 15 hp gains. Expect maybe 3 to 5 with a slip on alone. They use different material to get different sounds.

Your next question will end up being... "Do I have to buy a PC III or the likes to re-map the FI (fuel injection) if I install a pipe and high flow air filter?" It usually is.

No. It helps to achieve the maximum performance, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the advice...i was lookin at some of your pics and the 2bros exhaust you have looks really good to imo. So if it sounds as good as you say defenitely sounds like a solid choice. I was also lookin to pick up frame sliders and I read that on some bikes you have to cut the farings (sp?) to fit them over the slider? Is that the case with the 06 600RR. Was hoping to be able to avoid cutting holes if at all possible.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 PM

i have a 1k and u shoukd get the sliders installed at the dealership. dont get the bolt on ones cause they could break. hondacharged me 100 to install. i waited for teh 500mile service before sliders went on

Old 09-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Retired Administrator

You will have to cut/drill the plastic to install the sliders. Just think of it this way, you're giving your bike character. It's not hard to DIY.... I can give you some pointers that will make it NEAR idiot proof if you likes. Just PM me.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:53 AM

PMed [sm=mail.gif]

Old 09-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Retired Moderator

I just put on a micron slip-on, and I love it!!! I think there are many great products on the market, but I am glad I went with micron. It, also has a deeper tone which is what I was looking for. Make sure, though, if your bike has an O2 sensor on it, you need to get the O2 sensor eliminator for it.

http://www.micron-exhaust.com/store/products.htm

Old 09-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Retired Administrator

By no means did I mean to push any brand. I went back and read what I wrote and thought it looked like a plug for 2bros. You need to listen to different exhaust on your bike to see what you think. This may be hard, but find a bike night for sport bikes and all the riders there will be more than happy to help you out.

I've heard the micron on a ZX6 beside mine... it does have a nice deep tone like the 2bros and it's quieter. Not bad... not good just different. You need to hear for yourself.

Sounds like voodoochyl loves his and I love mine. I do know the guys I rode with that had the yoshi and jardine on 600RR wished they waited to hear the 2bros on mine.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:17 PM

i have 06rr600 also and lookin for exhaust. is scorpion too loud or almost the same like 2bros.

Quick Reply: Exhaust suggestions...?