Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Coolest thing i have EVER SEEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Coolest thing i have EVER SEEN!!!

ORIGINAL: davefolds3

seems pretty cook to me, cause i always let my bike warm up for at least a decent 5-10 minutes before I head out...would be pretty bad *** to be havin lunch or somethin and when you ask for the check hit the button and by the time you leave your bike's ready to peace out
you let your bike run for that long, just sitting? I only run mine until it kicks back down to idle, then I'm off.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Illushun

ORIGINAL: davefolds3

seems pretty cook to me, cause i always let my bike warm up for at least a decent 5-10 minutes before I head out...would be pretty bad *** to be havin lunch or somethin and when you ask for the check hit the button and by the time you leave your bike's ready to peace out
you let your bike run for that long, just sitting? I only run mine until it kicks back down to idle, then I'm off.
Carborated bikes take about 5-10s till they get up to idle speed with the choke off.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 PM

Starting a bike remotely would be "nifty" at best. I understand the wow factor, but money could be spent on better things.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:33 AM

The mod could be fun... say you've parked your bike and you're sitting nearby havingasnack and there's someone getting a bit close to your bike... obviously admiring it... press yourremote and watch 'em jump... that's gotta be worth a laugh and prolly the$160...

Same deal asa security alarm that says 'step away from the vehicle'...

It's all just servos and remote control goodness...

Once your on a CBR... it goes without saying that you're fast... a few novelties are all right in my book!

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 PM

no true gain on a bike as suggested in a car yes but in uk can get fined for leaving your vehicle running without someone behind steering wheel would be the same on a motorcycle gadget yes useful no but heh i love gadgets wife too lol

Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 PM

It would definitly scare the sh*t out of a passerby if you turned it on. Too bad you can't give it some throttle haha...

Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Exclamation ...I got one :)

I have to admit I have a security system and remote start on my bike. Nothing special about it.. Most people would say why spend money on something that doesn't make your bike handle better or go faster. I do like the looks when your in a gas station paying for gas and someone is at the pump beside you and you start your bike.. They always have a dazed look on their face.. Kinda like my remote for my air bags on my lowrider truck.. They all are staring at the truck and you hit the button on you key from inside the gas station and it drops the truck to the ground lol.. also works good when people lean on the truck while your part up town or a big group is standing beside your truck.. the people jump so high like they are the ones that knocked your truck to the ground..

Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 AM

I have remote start on my bike, Was part of the alarm thats fitted.
It is quite good cus i can get it warm when i leave work and when i get up in the morning without leaving the building.
It is funny to scare the S**T out of people too.
Only problem with mine is that although the stearing lock and alarm is still on, the bike could be run, i.e. if they broke the stearing lock and didnt mind the alarm screaming in their face they could ride off.
hummm......

Old 02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For the F4i.. maybe I could see it working well.. as it is FI.. your F3 is carb'd and on a cold start would more than likely require some choke.. are you going to choke it the night before? Are you going to run outside and lower the choke a bit when it is tach'in 4000rpm sitting there?

Like was said before.. IMO its a 'wow that is cool' more than 'wow that is useful'.

I use the minute or so that my bike is warming up to get my gear all on anyway..

Adam

Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM

maybee its just me, my 929 warms up to 100 deg in less than 2 min. then im off , neet , i guess , but on my new chevy silverado it is ****...i can start my truck and its warmed up and ready before i even get out the door...i guess if yer a bells and whistles guy you could have alittle fun, along with yer street glow....sorry ...just had to say it

Quick Reply: Coolest thing i have EVER SEEN!!!