Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Coolest thing i have EVER SEEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolest thing i have EVER SEEN!!!

My pal has an F4i he isa wiz when it comes to working on and fixing things. He Put a REMOTE START on his Bike and its cool!
I know whatru thinkin... I thought it to. when he first showed me i thought i was going to get to see it hurling down the street un attended, but it has safty so it only will start in N and the key has to be in it for it toride if u put it in gear touch the brake or anything it just cuts off with out the key. when u put the key in and unlock the bike its normal.... This is cool if u ask me. I have an f3 I dont know how it will work but i think i might try it.. it gets some of the cooest looks. I respect that the cbr is a racing bike and I have said in the pastthat I dont like things that are not improving the Performance but this is too cool and the price is right. $160 installed. If u are in NC and want it. he will hook it up for you same price.

what do u think?

Old 03-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Default RE: Coolest thing i have EVER SEEN!!!

Hmmm...I'd have to say that the coolest thing that I've ever seen was the AMA races at Mid-Ohio, and having pit passes !

Old 03-27-2007, 05:30 PM

that is pretty cool that he could get it set up like that... but what's the point? im not going to leave my bike in neutral and the key in it any time soon, regardless of location. on a show bike it would be a nice add-on, for sure, and he obviously worked hard on it so props. but im just wondering (not putting down) what the reason would be otherwise?
later

Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pointless for 99% of "riders" but cool add on!

Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 AM

ive thought about doin it but for $160 thats a new tire or a ticket paid

Old 03-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHA... kind of reminds me of kidz lighting "snakes" on the 4th... Turn the key, then walk away and push the button...Roaring to life, like MAGIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're a little harder to impress, in the Great Pacific Northwest !!!!!!!! Free and cleen, Ripp'n

Old 04-02-2007, 01:11 PM

im not going to leave my bike in neutral and the key in it any time soon, regardless of location.
I almost always leave my bike in neutral... but that's besides the point. And he didn't say you have to leave the key in it, he said you need to put the key in it in order to ride it. Which is the same for any remote start on a car - if you touch anything (brake, gas, etc.) without putting the key in, it dies.

That aside. I do think it's "cool" but I don't see the point for remote start on a bike. I mean, what's the purpose for having one on a car? So it gets nice and toasty, on a cold day, before you go jump in and freeze your *** off for 10 minutes while the heater kicks in! And vice versa on a hot day with A/C.

With a bike you go out to your garage,start the bike up, get most of your gear on, go and kiss your loved one(s) before you leave, put your helmet and gloves on and you're off!! Gives your bike/oil more than enough time toheat up.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:28 PM

seems pretty cook to me, cause i always let my bike warm up for at least a decent 5-10 minutes before I head out...would be pretty bad *** to be havin lunch or somethin and when you ask for the check hit the button and by the time you leave your bike's ready to peace out

Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 PM

p.s. jatsin i've got a 96 f3 with the same paint scheme, rock on

Old 07-20-2007, 10:31 AM

I think it is a killer idea, as you could let the bike warm up before leaving etc, plus it would look sweet. Mine usually will not start without a touch of gas, how do they get by that?

Quick Reply: Coolest thing i have EVER SEEN!!!