Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

check this out

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check this out

bikeskinz.com you can vinyl wrap your bike for around 350 to 400

Old 12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Default RE: check this out

Don't mean to rag on your first post buddy, but why would you ever want to do that? That looks absolutely terrible [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 12-06-2006, 07:48 PM

[sm=dontgetit.gif] Why does it look terrible ?? Looks like a custom paint job to me. I'm sure it has some flaws, but for s/one who want s/thing a lil diff w/out spending 5k on paint it would be pretty cool. Maybe your looking at s/thing else ????? Or is it just fun to rip on a new guy ??

Old 12-07-2006, 03:31 AM

Dude, chill out. I don't speak for everyone, this is just my opinion. You're posting on a forum cuz you wanna know what others think right? If you think it's cool, by all means go for it. I just wouldn't do it to my bike. Just the concept, vinyl wrap, seems tacky and cheap to me. To each his own.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:57 AM

Just wondering why it "looks terrible" ? Thought it was kinda funny cuz the pics i saw looked a whole lot like your bike. Cheap...... yes, is kinda the point of the product. What do you think all the tribal flames on your bike are made of ? (vinyl) I do want to know others opinion, but it seems like a lot of guys just rip on s/thing for no GOOD reason. You said it looks bad, just wondering what looks so bad about it ?

Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 PM

I dont know about it. Some of them are a little excessive for my taste. I think custom paint jobs are for bikes like busas and what not(the bigger bikes) where you can actually have enough room to show it off.

Dragonium stuff is also stock too, and i think the pictures are pretty different. I think it is a cool concept though for some who does want that. By all means it is A LOT cheaper, and you can even get them clear coated to last for ever. Kinda like TapeWorks and AllOutGraphics stuff.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

I dont know about it. Some of them are a little excessive for my taste. I think custom paint jobs are for bikes like busas and what not(the bigger bikes) where you can actually have enough room to show it off.

Dragonium stuff is also stock too...
Yeah this is what I'm getting at, it's too much. See Fathead, mine are just on the side fairings, and a bit on the tank - STOCK. So I'm not going out and dropping 4 bills on, what really translates to, STICKERS. To have them just on your fairings is one thing, but to wrap your whole bike, that's tacky. And did you check out some of the colour schemes? [:'(]

I'd rather spend the money on some real mods.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:32 PM

I get what your sayin, and doubt i would do it to my bike either. Understated is a lil more my taste. Pretty cool idea tho, to change things up w/out paying out the @ss for it. Didn't mean to get all testy about it, but it seems like every time s/one brings up something out of the norm every one is in a big ol hurry to tell em how bad ot looks or stupid it is, ya know ? So much easier to put s/thing down than to find the value in it, or understand that peoples taste differ. Like all the guys who rag on here about chrome being "squidish" then the bike of the month for december has a lot of it. I would't in a million years ride around on a bike covered in skulls or flames, but i wouldn't tell a guy who digs it that his bike looks terrible, or ask him why he would ever want to do that.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:37 AM

I posted about the vinyl wrap because it was something different. You can the strangest things on the web when you are bored, and when
you really need to find something it is a big head ache.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:07 AM

Some of them don't look to bad. The dragons and skulls are not my taste though. This may be a viable option for someone that has bad plastics. Instant coverage.
http://www.bikeskinz.com/store/images/300Industrial.jpg

[IMG]local://upfiles/13301/BF680FEC25514B299ACD87A4ACCB5FF1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: check this out