Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Auctmarts Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auctmarts Review

Well, today I did my '97 tail conversion on my '96 cbr 600F3, then I started installing my new auctmarts fairing kit.

So far I don't even have the whole front nose area mounted yet, so I'll update this review with more detailed info later, but here is how it's going so far...

Bad. I knew it wasn't going to be perfect fit from the get-go, and that it was going to require a bit of fanageling, but I guess I wasn't prepare for just how much. Slots are not where they should be, tabs need to be shortened, holes need to be dremeled larger, hardware doesn't mount where it should.

Oh yeah, and the windscreen they sent me doesn't even fit, and just barely trying to wiggle it into place to see if maybe I could tease it into position resulted in the windscreen tabs breaking off. Both of em.

So far this kit has required so much dremel, glue, epoxy and fabrication work that I feel like I'm qualified now to apply to a bodyshop. China fairings will drive you to drink, I don't recommend them. Buy OEM replacement parts off of eBay and have the whole thing painted, it might cost a bit more but it'll save you from a whole bunch of hair pulling.

When I finally manage to jerry rig this kit on there I'll update this with more detail, a better rating system and some pictures, and prolly a slightly different opinion cuz I might not be so frustrated. But so far I'd give Auctmarts a 1 out of 10 if it wasn't for the fact that they're so damn cheap.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a set of Auctmarts and I'd agree. The fitment is kinda difficult, but they do stretch. What I did was use heat to make sure it fit better. Put on one section at a time, like the nose fairing, have the bike warm up a few times or put a space heater by it and leave it overnight then move onto the next part. Sounds like you're pretty much there, but figured it might help with any last remaining panels.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:35 PM

That's good advice, did not think of that, although it's already almost completely on now ha. Actually it is completely on, just need a new seat and a couple extra screws that ended up missing.

Now that I'm less pissed, I should update my earlier review, but I won't.

These fairings are pretty much garbage, no two ways about it. Not only is there blemishes in the paint and clear coat, but the plastics are so ill-fitting that calling this kit a "perfect fit" series is pretty much laughable. Without a dremel and plastic epoxy you won't get very far, and for anyone who said they were able to fit on this kit in a couple hours is either lying or a wizard.

And you will need lots of that plastic epoxy, because sht will break. As my dad put it, "the plastics are so brittle that farting near them is enough to cause them to crack." Albeit inelegant, that statement is fairly accurate. They're very fragile, and they do not tolerate any kind of bending or twisting before they snap. Which, is unfortunatly necessary to get them to fit, since they do not just bolt up without a decent bit of persuasion.

So in conclusion, yes they are cheap. But how cheap is your time and how much stress can you handle? That's the real question. My advice, and what I wish I had done - is source replacement OEM plastic parts off eBay and just get the whole thing painted, unless your budget is REALLY tight and you got all the time in the world to dick around with these things.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

I got a set of auctmarts fairings and I have to agree to this review. However, I will add that the paint is super brittle and chipped in a few places, not crack, not smudge they chipped all the way past the primer. on top of that there is one spot that looks like someone stuck their nail into the paint on one of the side fairings. I guess everyone needs to make that mistake for themselves, saying theirs will be different.