Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Anyone know about this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about this?

Ok,
I have a friend who says he uses these on his GSXR1000. He has wrist problems and swears by them. I have severe carpal tunnel in my left wrist. I'm actually having to have surgery on august 11th. I'll be off the bike for about 6 weeks. I was thinking about getting a pair of these to maybe get back on the bike sooner. Anyone on here have any experience with them at all?

http://www.throttlerocker.com/index.html

Old 08-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone know about this?

i've looked at 'em before, but never used them, so my perspective is not one of personal experience -- the general consensus i've gotten is that the cruisers love them for the highway, but sportbikers end up hating them if you're up and down on the throttle all day (such as city driving and canyons). so if your driving tends to be one speed for long periods i think that's where the benefit is seen, other than that it's more in thee way than a help.

i have carpal pain as well, so if you use them i'd be interested in your feedback on this.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:44 PM

I have used one on my R1 and I liked once you learn how to position it..on the freeway it made a huge difference ( I used to commute and hour each way on it) and when I got to the canyons I would just rotate it so that it was not in the way and I could ride normally...And it is not permanent and it is cheap too..I have them in stock for only $8.99
(877) 417-9816
Apex Motorsports

Old 08-03-2005, 08:31 PM

Yeah as the years roll by the body has taken a pounding, I too have CT syndrome and have been looking at these on e-bay alot.
Give me more info.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:34 AM

i need surgery on my wrist too, not carpal tunnel tho, some scaphoid disociation crap, thanks to snowboarding and scrapping in my youth. Might seriously look into these because i won't be having surgery for a while and after that i'll be in a cast for 6 weeks followed by 6 weeks in a sling. Doc said for the ligaments to heal properly i'd need at least a year, so i'm not really looking forward to being off my bike for that long.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:36 AM

Yea, I think today I will break down and buy one, or is it better to get a set for left and right ? Sir sent you a pm concerning parts and paypal.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the good feedback everyone. I'll definatly be trying a pair of these out. I'm probably going to get one for the left hand and one for the right hand. For the price, it's worth a shot.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:58 PM

I only keep the right one...you can remove you hand from the left bar

Old 08-04-2005, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: sirlimpzalot

I only keep the right one...you can remove you hand from the left bar
Good point there...

Old 08-18-2005, 02:34 AM

yup I bought one of these a while ago..it's pretty much like the other guy said for highway time with your crusier friends it's great but if ya plan on twistin the throttle alot espically wheelie type stuff just take it off and throw it in your pocket.