Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Exhaust

I just purchased a 2004 CBR 600 RR and have a one year warranty on it. Until recently I've been a Sport compact car fan. I own a '95 Talon AWD TSi that's been modded... including turbo upgrade, cat-back exhaust system, sport suspension lowered on 18" rims, intake. However, I have very little experience with modding/upgrading bikes. First off, will replacing the stock muffler affect my manufacturer's warranty ? Secondly, what are some good mufflers and what makes them good. I'm looking for something to open it up a little, and I prefer a real nice sound, doesn't have to be deafening either. Also, is there a difference with which mufflers I can get, what with my exhaust being routed underneath the seat, are there special mufflers for these models ? Thanks in advance to any/all who respond.

Old 01-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket Exhaust

RiPTOR,

-First, replacing the factory exahust will not void your manufacturer warranty. The exhaust would have to cause a major problem with the engine for Honda to void your warranty.

Exhaust:
There are so many different aftermarket exhaust companies, its ridiculous. There are a few companies that make specfic mufflers for the 600 and 1000 that will fit nicely. I have seen a few that look like complete **** (crooked) due to the battery box on the underside of the tail. All aftermarket exhaust will add around the same amount of horsepower. The difference between brands could differ from 0.5 to 1 horse, which you would never notice. Most people can't utilize the power they have in general. I will list a few along with my opinion.

Arrow: Expensive, full system available, MotoGP look and excellent workmanship, my favorite sound
Micron: Specfic muffler design for the CBR, good price, good sound
Yoshimura: Specific muffler design for the CBR, good price, ok sound
Two Brothers: Ok Price, looks ok, sounds kind of blah, can be crooked if not fit well
Jardine: Cheap, looks like ****, sounds like ****
Morwaki: Expensive, specific design, looks very nice, excellent workmanship, my second favorite
Akrapovic: Expensive, full system available, looks very nice, sounds good

Brakes:
It depends on how much money you want to spend. I have Speigler steel braided front/rear brake and clutch lines. I installed all of them myself. You could do the same if you are mechanically inclined. You can also go with Galfer. Those are the two major brands but you can also find others.

If you have anymore questions, post again. Hope all of this points you in the right direction

QuiK

Old 01-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the reply and the wealth of information. I will be looking into these options. One more quick question I have is where to look online for these parts, good sights. Thanks !

Old 01-08-2005, 05:46 PM
L8X

Arrow: stainless steel=heavy but great craftsmanship
Micron: **** heavy, piece of crap in my opinion
Yoshimura: weird shape somepeople like, nice power gains. mainly made for suzuki
Two brothers:....
Jardine: on a lot of cbr race bikes, inexpensive
Morwaki: mainly for kawasakis
Akrapovic: Expensive, full system available, very very light
Blueflame: nice design

most people do the exhaust, air filter, and powercommander thing. then maybe some nice rearsets, steel braided brake lines (usually just for the front) fender eliminators, steering damper, levers, and side markers. crash protectors...it's endless, you hve to draw the line somewhere.

Old 01-15-2005, 03:40 PM

they did not mention devil which i am partial to because this is what i have on my 954...but i think its a great product, two brothers is also very nice, there are tons of mods out there and the internet is a great tool to use to find products...you shouldn't worry about the warrenty if something goes wrong with ur bike ur warrenty won't cover it i'm sure...only warrentied for defects in workmanship not in how u ride it and what you do to it

Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 AM
L8X

well check out www.lexracingusa.com for deals on exhausts

Old 08-22-2005, 03:39 PM

what about hindle? i have a 98 firblade, what do you guys think about the hindle full exhaust high-pipe? any opinions good or bad ?
i can get a complete exhaust system for $1100.00 canadian, taxes included.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:09 PM

I just got the Yoshi RS-5 for my 05 600RR and I think it is great. Good price, looks nice, easy install and sounds great also.