Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

3rd frame slider

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd frame slider

I haven't taken the time to study the '05 RR's but can anyone tell me if they have a slot for a third frame slider near the rear brake and if so why. A buddy of mine that rides a '05 R1 has a third frame slider just in front of the rear brake pedal on top of the engine side cover. Our guess is that it is to protect that cover. This is why I ask if Honda has created a slot for a 3rd frame slider to protect our side engine cover. Anyone seen one, hit me up.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3rd frame slider

that 3rd slider is a clutch slider since the R1 has a clutch cover that features a arm that sticks out in the breeze, it is there to protect the clutch cover...had them on my R1.
If you are really looking for protection, try getting a cage like the stunters use, then you could huck your bike as many times as you like.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the info!

Old 03-20-2005, 10:44 AM

What's the best kind/type of sliders to buy that won't grate like cheese if you do slide?

Old 03-20-2005, 12:36 PM

There obviously lots of frame sliders out there..my favorites are the Diamond Power Sports brand ( they also make the "flame slider" that has L.E.D. lights in it) because the sliders they make are not another color under the color that you bought...they are solid to the core in what ever color you buy. So if you buy red and fall down there is not any white specks that will show thru..
My other favorites are distributed by Yoyodyne, and have replaceable "mushrooms" that screw on the end of the actual slider, and if you need to tow your bike ( ever tried tying down a sportbike??[:@]) they have these adapters that go on the slider ( after you unscrew the mushroom) and now you can tie down your bike. This will not compress your suspension ( which can blow fork seals) or mess up your grips like tie downs can...and the mushroom sets are available seperately so it will not cost a fortune to replace damaged pieces

Old 03-20-2005, 11:48 PM

In reply to mapjr,From what I heard any sliders made of Delrin are the best.And you want them to grate down,if they don't they will either snap or hang on the road causing the bike to flip and causing more damage than if you didn't have any sliders.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:09 AM

Just to Name a Few...
My favorites:

-LSL Frame Sliders (www.spiegler.com)
Read the info on the LSLs, you be surprised how they work, not like typical frame sliders.

-Double Hard Mushrooms (www.indysuperbike.com)
You get a decal that says, "Double Hard Bastard"

Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 PM

You are the first one to give a point of view like that.

Old 03-21-2005, 07:23 PM

Thanks guys, you've been a big help.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: astraldweller
In reply to mapjr,From what I heard any sliders made of Delrin are the best.And you want them to grate down,if they don't they will either snap or hang on the road causing the bike to flip and causing more damage than if you didn't have any sliders.
You are 100% correct. Delrin or urethane are the best sliders to get. Stay away from the metal or carbon fiber sliders. They can grab the ground in a high speed slide and cause the bike to flip or slide alotfurther then it normally would.

Quick Reply: 3rd frame slider