900 & + Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older models, 900 and up.

Anybody try the Chinese body

Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody try the Chinese body

I have seen this kit on Ebay for a while and wondered if any of you all have bought this. I've got a 94 and I'm an old school Doohan fan, so I think this would be perfect, but when you buy form China who knows what your going to get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fairi...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-17-2010, 06:34 PM

From what I hear they are a pain to install, You will need to drill some holes and such to mount. Just FYI

Old 03-07-2010, 08:14 PM

I have a gap in between my headlight and upper. BUT, the chinese fairings on my bike were installed by a ghetto bike shop. They probably broke something in there. Who knows? They were on the bike when I got it. I just need to get the tank painted or otherwise covered. I am thinking about giving vanwraps.com a holler to see what they can do.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:12 AM

Yea, that supports what I've read about these kits. I agree that the kits look cool and all but having inconsistent gaps and/or panels with flushness issues to adjacent panels would be a deal breaker for me. The decision to buy one of these kits has a lot to do with what your requirements are in terms of fit and finish.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 PM

I have seen some good things about them from people who have tried them on Youtube.
Personally I went with all Air-Tech NSR fairings, which turned out nice looking (mounted and painted myself).

Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 AM

i got them on my bike. they for sure not just a bolt on deal, i think i had all the bodywork off an on about 3-4 times fitting it all up. also there was nowhere to mount the tail light in the tail section so i had to make a bracket to mount it to the subframe. other than that I had to just drill out a few holes to make a little bigger. nothing major

Old 10-11-2010, 07:18 PM

I had no problem with mine fit & look excellent the worse part was the 29 business day wait which was about 6 weeks

Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 PM

Well Im not sure about the Chinese bodies, I have seen a few I like, but if you go to Thailand feel first, there are way too many Lady boys. I'll stick to the Phillippines

Hope I helped with your vacation

Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 AM

my boy bought them on his r6 he ended up using zip ties for a few spots cuz the bolts didnt line up perfect but his bike does look good though

Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 AM

I have a friend that is the service manager at the local Yamaha dealer and I asked him about these kits. he told me for the price they are great. he does recomend taking your bike to a auto body shop to have it professionally put on. he said getting the holes to line up is the biggest problem. he tried to put a kit on and they lost money because they qoted the guy an amount and it took double they time to do it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody try the Chinese body