600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Single sided swingarm on a 95 F3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Single sided swingarm on a 95 F3?

I got my VFR swingarm from ebay and you will save money if you have some mechanical skills and do the job yourself.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:09 AM

HI, Here are some pictures of my single sided swingarm on my F3 with undertail exhuast. I use the tailpipe from a CBR 600RR. If you have any questions just hit me back.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:53 AM

Long time no here lol - still trying to move house ! only been going on nearly 2 years !
the single sided swingarm is still ongoing - any chance of some close up pics of the shock mount/setup - once i'm finally in a house & have a garage set up i'll get going again ! had enough of no being on bike last year so it's going back together for this year.
just had stock swingarm braced top & bottom for this year !
when it comes back off will have single sided fitted & loads of tidying up done ! says me - again hehe.

Old 05-29-2006, 04:08 AM

I am sorry I dont have any pictures of my bike's shock mount. My bike is in St Louis and I am here in Korea with the army. My friend helped me with the mod and we used the shock from the VFR instead of the CBR shock. Why,because he said it would work better since he is the better mechanic then I am making me a custom linkage. Some other swingarm mods I researched used the shock from a F4I because it was shorter thats why the custom linkage had to be made to handle the length of the VFR shock setting it a
angle that the would allow free travel of the swingarm. Also we used the coolant bottle from a VFR around the shock mount and other items had to be moved around also.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:01 AM

Well - back again - spent most of w-end putting bike back together - MOT today ! - meant to be nice w-end so hopefully get out on it !
The part that looks like being a real pain is doing the conversion & keeping the shock linkage with the dogbone etc - I'd like to keep this as i think it smooths a lot of the bumps out - if you use the swingarm off the bros you can just use a longer shock & bolt it straight to the top of the arm & scrap the linkage system.
there's a few people who've done this but no-one's got any close up pics - i've got a vfr , bros & nc30 arm the one i'll prob end up using will be the vfr & get new mounts fabricated & welded to the top along with all the other work req'd - that'll be the winter project this year if i'm in my house hehe
There's a chap on www.cbrworld.net who's nearly finished fitting a cbr600rr arm & shock to his bike - looks v-good & lot easier but i've already spent loads on my bits so i'll be sticking to single sided - any one who's got any close up pics / fabrication hints ( what & where to cut / new bearings req'd etc ) post it here please.
[:@]

Old 08-06-2006, 05:17 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

here is a pic of a swing arm i had made in england for my 94 f2. it was made to use nt650 hub parts. it can be made to use others aswell(ducati, mv,etc) using stock nt650 or vfr parts, even stock 916 u can get the whole thing for about $1500.

Old 08-06-2006, 05:24 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

sorry, here it is

[IMG]local://upfiles/10054/0BC82B4594044BE589ED2E7EF6601623.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2006, 06:18 PM

how can I do this on my f4 I got the money but I dont know what to get can you tell me the parts i need to buy to do this setup?

Old 08-15-2006, 08:59 AM

Here is what I had to do to mod my CBR 600 F3
I used the swingarm from a 94 VFR 750 because if fitted between my frame and also mounted directly to frame and not the engine as such on late model bikes. Spacers had to be found and used between the frame and the VFR swingarm so that the swingarm was positioned evenly between the frame from left to right. Next is the swingarm bolt. I used the the VFR swingarm bolt but the bolt was to big for my CBR swingarm carrier bearings. So we had to find new bearings that would fit my CBR and allow the VFR swingarm bolt to pass through.You
will have to play around with that to find out what best works for your F4. Once the swingarm was mounted with its spacers keeping it
evenly between the frame and the bearings allowing it to travel we move to the shock. My friend made me a custom shock linkage so to keep the VFR shock in use. Other mods I have seen use the F4I shock and F3 shock with the VFR linkage so once again play around with it once everything is together so that your suspension feels right with you. A new chain had to be used and we used the VFR caliber,hooking it up and all that bleeding and stuff. When I used the VFR stock shock I had to move some parts around in the sub frame. Well I think thats it. If you have any questions just let me know.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:42 AM

Here is a picture I found on the net of a F4I with singlesided swingarm. I emailed this guy some time ago for advice and he help me out with a few pointers. If you have any question just hit me up. Also I saw in ebay a bearing and spacer kit for sale for singleside swingarm mods.

Quick Reply: Single sided swingarm on a 95 F3?