600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

....need help....inverted front end......

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ....need help....inverted front end......

.....hey guys, I'm new here, and also a new F2 owner. I used the search option, but coming up with nothing for an inverted fork swap, for my F2....there's a lot for the newer RR's , but nothing for my older bike. I have a '94 F2, and it has no forks....I'd like to swap an inverted front end on this bike, as I'm building an "urban assault vehicle". I'm gonna streetfighter this bike out, and need any help I can get, on which front end swaps on, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and the site is killer!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Default RE: ....need help....inverted front end......

You should be able to put the front end from another bike on. You'll need the tripple trees, forks, tire/rim assy, brakes, ....... IE the whole front end. But I don't see why that wouldn't work. I was thinking about seeing if the GSXR 600 fits. I got a buddy that may let me mangle some stuff up and test it out.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 AM

.....I realize a whole front end will fit, from another F2, but I want an inverted fork. I was curious if anyone has attempted this swap, and knew which bikes may interchange. I'm just not too familiar with the hondasyet. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:05 AM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

93-95 gsxr's bolt right up. All you have to do is grind off the steering stops and replace the bearings. If you want a newer setup, It becomes alot more involved. My setup is this, 95 gsxr triple clamps, wheel, rotors. 06 gsxr forks, calipers. I replaced the bearings with taperd rollers. I also had a machinist make the spacers and axle adapters to fit the 95 wheel to the 06 forks. let me know if you have any more q's. Hope this helps.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 AM

....big help, so far. So, if I grind off the steering stops....there wont be any stops at all? It'll stop, when it hits the tank, or frame? What about the steering lock, and ignition.....compatible, at all? Thanks again, for the help.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:33 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

The ignition has to go, so no lock. If you want stops, you can simply drill two holes and put and nut and bolt through them so the head of the bolt is the stop. I was going to do that, I just never did.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:07 AM

All Honda sportbikes up until 2003 use the same steering head. Any front end will fit. The only problems are how it affects steering geometry,routing of cables, fairing clearance, andreduced steering lock. A 600RR front end will fit, and RC51front endwill fit, 929/954 will fit, 900RR large diameter front end will fit (though not inverted), a 1000RR front end will fit. Mixing and Matching parts from the 929, 954, and RC51 will give different rake/trail combos. The larger brakes will also be a revelation. Custom length brake lines and repositioning of the clip-ons above the top triple clamp shoud solve most clearance issues. I beleive that the 954, 929, and RC51 forks are all the same diameter,the early1000RR should be similar but as of present I cannot verify this.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:12 AM

I forgot one thing I had to modify my fairing stay slightly to increase the steering lock.It is really a simple procedure and if you can weld or know someone who can it is a really simple mod.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 AM

One more thing and then I'm done. The ignition switch can be retained in the stock location, and if you free up enough steering lock the actual anti-theft lock will function.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 PM

....Frankie, Dude, that's the most informative post I ever heard, pertaining to this topic...thank you, it was exactly what I needed. So, evidently, the steering head bearings are the same, up to 2001, huh? Sweet, now I know what to look for on ebay...lol. Thanks....a lot, for the info.

Quick Reply: ....need help....inverted front end......