600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Making more custom fairing for me and you ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making more custom fairing for me and you ????

Ricer thread..... [sm=bling.gif]dont forget to add some spinners on it or polished accessories. [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 02-19-2008, 03:43 PM

okay i dont mean to sound out of place here but i have a 87 VFR where i am converting to a cbr f2 front and rear end, and i personally love the r1 front end. if you can do something with the older vfr to current am sure you would get many more purchasers. you can definitely count me in...as far as theother posters who are hating on your work....like thecomedian katt williams says, YOU NEED HATERS...haters makes you shine...man keep doing your thing...and look intosome other bike combination....this can really be a big improvement fora lot of people.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion, if you dont like it, so what to each their own. Youve said youre piece so now it would be the courteous thing to keep your mouth shut.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:25 AM

Well thank you for the comments. But the only problem is that in order to do custom work on a bike I have to have the bike in front of me. I live in south korea and sportbikes are not plentiful ready here in my area. The prices on the sportbikes stay high and I mean high and there is no such thing as financing for a sportbike here in korea. Its cash up front because insurance companies here do not cover sportbikes if you wreck. So I decided not to buy a used bike straight out because the prices stay high I had my F3 shipped from the states. Plus the bikes are moved from this shop to that shop, sold one day and sold back to a different dealer. Plus when they see a american walking up the price goes up a few thousand dollars. Trust me I know here is a example of the prices in korea ( 2005 Repsol CBR 1000 wit front damage and front fairing missing 13,000 dollars ) So this is the reason why I have my F3 because if I wreck then parts are cheap on ebay and labor is cheap here so I don't take a big hit. So finding a older VFR here in korea is like finding a needle in a hay stack. So as long as I am here in korea I will work with my F3 and if this fairing thing works out I will move to the 900 RR because I see them all the time but VFR have not seen one yet. When I get back to the states and settle down I will make my garage into my little shop and make FULL CUSTOM FAIRING KITS for different bikes.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 AM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

ORIGINAL: Bracey0self

Ricer thread..... [sm=bling.gif]dont forget to add some spinners on it or polished accessories. [sm=smiley36.gif]
Did you say something like "race not rice?" I checked your pic gallery, NICE RIM TAPE! How much hp did those get ya?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

race not rice..........is that kinda like "Burn rubber not your soul".........what exactley do you consider racing my friend? Show me some time slips from a REAL race and then maybe, JUST maybe you can talk crap about "RICER THREADS"..........

Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM

dude not sure where you are with the mass production idea, last time i read they were charging a large amount to produce...how about selling your idea to airtech-streamlining, they sell aftermarket body parts for various bikes. you should be able to google them amybe contact them and share your idea. i know they have a few custom kits for a few bikes. so maybe yours can be on there. just an idea.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 AM

Companies like airtech tend to stick to what they know. Think about it from a company's prospective. They are about selling a product that will bring in a return. Keep in mind that there are people like myself with older bikes wanting a to change its looks but is there a profit potential in it. Trust me I have looked into this before and there wont be a partnership because its all about making money. Just to get a mass production going for a bike can cost hundreds of thousand of dollars. Plus the airtech will make a kit the will use the stock stay and headlight and the look of the bike would pretty much be the same and you don't want to buy a kit that looks the same. If I was in the united states I would been had these fairings going out to the post office. Here in koera the simplest item I need I have to wait weeks for because here in korea they just don't do alot of custom work. So to sum it up there are two many things that come into going to companies with a idea. Think about it would a company make a honda/yamaha fairing taking the chance to get sued? Like I said there are alot things to consider.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 PM

yeah thoseare some good points. didnt look at it that way. well man i wish you luck. when you get home, i know the sells will gothrough the roof. but in the mean time....how about a write up...come on man...come on, you know you want to...i am begging you...LOLOLLO. just kidding man, i will try to figure it out myself considering i have a different bike. but man for real your idea, helped motivate me...keep up the good work.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:30 PM

Post a picture of your bike and I will tell you what I think.

Quick Reply: Making more custom fairing for me and you ????