600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Making more custom fairing for me and you ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making more custom fairing for me and you ????

I was going to convert my bike to the 2001-2003 upper and tail but I like the 600rr or the 1000rr way better. I have a 2000 Cbr F4, do you think you could do that? And how hard is it to splice in the headlights?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:48 AM

Well, to be honest your bike is not that old as the F3 so changing it I suppose is you own desire. The 600RR or 1000 fairings look great but molding is alot of work unless you are just going to change plastics. So keep that in mind. Splicing in a headlight is easy just compare the to wire harnesses and go from there basic wiring is all that is needed.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about the theft valkyie. hope you get some more soon, i enjoy seeing your work. i wish i could do something similar for my F1, i dont mind my lowers, but my upper drives me crazy looking like a dolphin.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:33 PM

When I come home from my job I look in the spot that the plastic where and I get up set. Its really not the plastics that make me upset its the fact that I have to start all over with my mod. I have another set of plastic at home in St. Louis but they are the targa type made of the plastic/fiberglass mix. I dont know if they will take very well to molding and plastic welding. I guess I will send for them because a new set of plastics is not cheap. Also I will put them back in the house when I am done for the day instead of leaving them in the yard. My girlfriend is korean and she speaks perfect english and she is doing all the communications with the factories. The factories say bring in the fairing to get a exeact price qoute. I want to make sure the fairing that will be reproduce is as perfect as I can get it so I will do a great job on the next fairing.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:31 PM

yeah I've seen this bike before on here. cool lookin mod. wish I could do the same for my F1.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:25 AM

How much for that tail section...or one slightly different?

I mean underseat brace and all...seat foam etc.?

Old 04-08-2007, 01:36 AM

Well the tail plastic is from SharkSkinz.com. I paid 225.00 bucks for it. The underseat exhaust is custom, I got the 600RR canister from ebay and had some pipe sized and bent. The solo tail works with the stock CBR 600 F3 seat so you dont have to modify it but in my case I have a flasher unit installed under the tail section so I had to cut a section of my seat away to make room for the flasher unit.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: VALKYIE

Well the tail plastic is from SharkSkinz.com. I paid 225.00 bucks for it. The underseat exhaust is custom, I got the 600RR canister from ebay and had some pipe sized and bent. The solo tail works with the stock CBR 600 F3 seat so you dont have to modify it but in my case I have a flasher unit installed under the tail section so I had to cut a section of my seat away to make room for the flasher unit.
Oh...thought you did all the plastic on that bike...

You could...

BTW...I have an F2...and am either going to stick with what I am doing with a simple seat cowl and some foam shaping,
or go with an aftermarket whole tail section...

Old 04-13-2007, 06:09 AM

The solo tail on my bike also works with the F2. I have seen it on many pictures of the CBR F2. Sharkskinz and Airtech make a solo tail for the CBR F2 and F3. Check it out.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:48 PM

hey valkie did you just moldan r1 upper to the f2/f3 upper? and how did you get them to stay did you use a r1 upper fairing stay and get it to connet to the lower f2/f3 fairing stay? I think I might try this if i can get some more info.

Quick Reply: Making more custom fairing for me and you ????