600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Has anyone ever done this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever done this?

I have a 07 600rr and I'm going to put my lisence plate vertically along the top of my swingarm and it curves down. Can use the screw that goes into the swingarm that supports the chain guard. I put a curve in my plate and bolted it up and it seems very stable and was thinking of cleaning the plate and top of swingarm with a wax & grease remover and run a strip of double faced tape to secure it to the swingarm all the way down. I just gotta find a small white LED to mount. I was just wondering if anyone ever did this on their bike and was wondering if someone could post a couple pics..

Old 09-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Default swing arm mounting

I did this to my bike for about a month and I always had cops, or rather military police (live on base), riding my ****.
finally one pulled me over just to ask why it was that he had to be two feel away to read my plate.
rather than being sarcastic and telling him because he needs glasses, i told him i would move it as soon as i got back to my barracks.
since i moved it, i dont think i have any pics. but lighting it is odd too because your wire runs down your swingarm.
maybe someone else will have better suggestions, but if you're going aboard a military base where they are picky, i'd rather move it elsewhere if i were you

Old 09-08-2009, 01:15 PM

+1. Nonstandard plate mounts ALWAYS attract police attention, regardless of legality. Cops hate us enough; don't poke the bear.