600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

F2 Gauges to f3 gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F2 Gauges to f3 gauges.

Ok, I have a F2 and my gauges are kind of beat up. I also have a f3 guage. I don't know what the sensor looks like for the f3 or how it works. I am hoping i can wire it into my own harness. How exactly does the sensor work and can i put it on my bike? I am thinking of just changing the connectors for the 9 pins and adding the speed sensor. I have read that you also need to change out the coolant sensor too but I wanna make sure this will work before i get all crazy.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Default RE: F2 Gauges to f3 gauges.

The connectors onthe harness between the two bikes are radically different for the f2 and f3. The speedo from the f2 is not compatible with the f3. the F2 is mechanically driven, the f3 is a stepper motor driven from apickup that reads off thesender in the transmission on the F3, in other words it is electrically driven. The f2 does not have this picup installed in the transmission. The tachometers are similar but the connectors are radically differentfrom the f2 to the f3. The biggest difference from the f2 to the f3 is the harness connctors

Old 05-15-2007, 08:31 PM

well, I have seen what this guy has going on and he says he has f4i gauges and a gxr sensor. I was hoping to do something similar but i dont know about the gxr sensor or the f4i gauges. Here is his page http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/210570.aspx

Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 AM

If The gsxr has an optical or magneticpickup it will read the holes or ridgesin the front sprocket.It could alsobe electro-mechanical like a potentiometer. That is the pickup, being turned by the front sproketgenerates an electrical signal. Youjust have to fabricate a mount to make it work and perhaps modify theGSXR sprocket to fit on a honda. I haven't tried it and have not seen a pickup so I am not sure how to proceed or how it works. On the 89-91CB400 or CB1 as it is called here in the US, Honda had a mechaincal drive that was driven of the nut that holds the front sprocket in place but it was calibrated for much smaller wheel diameters.