600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Engine upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine upgrades...

Hey, I guess this is the right place to post this.

I have a cbr600f2 engine that I am planning on putting in a streetfighter I am currently designing, and I'm at the stage where I want to start getting it ready for the bike. I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to the more streetable mods that will give me reasonable power gain without compromising driveability. I mean anything, such as clutches, pistons, cams, what will be the best bang for the buck. I'm looking to have a bike that has comparable numbers to a more modern bike. Oh, and I will be fuel injecting it already, with an aftermarket can on somewhat shortened headers.

Thanks

As a matter of fact, what are the numbers of the stock engine?

Old 06-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Default RE: Engine upgrades...

Thanks man, that gives me a starting point for sure. I'm hoping that with my weight advantage the horsepower difference wont be a hell of a lot, even with very mild mods. And the tec II i've got for engine management should add a bit like you said. Hopefully I can find a dyno on the rock one of these days.

Have you tried looking at APE Performance? They have a lot of different stuff, from street to track for a lot of bikes, i think i saw some F3 stuff there. Good guys to deal with too, know that from my vintage kawi days.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Yeah, they're pretty wicked, I'm prolly gonna end up just replacing all my gaskets, clutch pack and springs, getting a manual tensioner for reliability, and maybe get a head job(lol). ECU should take care of the rest.

Glad to help, APE actually has a forum on here, funny you didn't know about them. CBR Zone down in the sponsor forums is their spot.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Oh yeah, that would help a bit for sure, never even thought of it.

Yeah sorry, never saw your join date lol. What do you do? Army, navy...?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 PM

Oh yeah, gotcha. I dont talk to many guys in Iraq, being from Canada like I am, must be pretty intense.

Quick Reply: Engine upgrades...