600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

EBAY fairing

Old 12-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's hoping for safe receipt of your goods!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good news kinda, its at the post office... bad news is i went away for the weekend so updates monday at least. prolly gonna get them on the bike by thursday!!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:30 AM

BUMP... farings came in today... nice packaging ( i would say A+ since it was a bitch to and what not and it looks very very good. A couple paint blemishes here and there but they are mostly around where it should be covered up...

one thing that i was really surprised yet also scared about is they gave me a tank cover painted and sticker'd up... im afraid i might break it or something trying to fit it over the original tank. I am going home Thursday so i might just go straight to my bike in jersey and fit them before i go home.

Pics up after work

Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 PM

Came in the standard box.
Name:  box.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  16.2 KB
Packaging was a bitch because there was so much. Name:  konica.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  21.0 KB
But anyway. I put all the pieces together to see if there would be any major fitment issues like letters didnt line up or the holes didnt line up. A lot of them look pretty ok but when its on the bike it would be the real tester. All the holes look redrilled so i dont think i would have problems with the bolts that i am using as for redrilling holes. And the tail is the euro tail so it has the holes over the tail but i am getting a solo seat cowl to cover that so im not TOO worried about it. The front center piece is the only piece that i am disappointed with because the paint on the lower center is HORRIBLE!! like it looks like some1 messed up and tried to scrape off the paint then repaint it. So there are like little craters in it.

High RES pictures when i get home and ready to put the farings on so thursday. Then monday i am sending my wheels to get powder coated to match the blue. I was gonna do baby blue but im not into the whole baby blue wheels. Royal blue with a white stripe

Sorry for the cell pics. I came home for like 10 mins then back out to work again. I

Old 12-22-2009, 08:55 AM

I'm watching your thread with interest - I ordered the Repsol kit from Moto-777 but with custom logos.
The guys communication is second to none. Excellent. I hope the fairings are good. I'm rooting for you! Hope they are great (cos then mine will be too!!) :-)

It'll be interesting to see how it all fits together.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, they pack a lot in that box! Sounds like it might work out. Here's hoping! Looking forward to updates.

p8ddy - Hope your Repsol kit arrives safely.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Wow, they pack a lot in that box! Sounds like it might work out. Here's hoping! Looking forward to updates.

p8ddy - Hope your Repsol kit arrives safely.
So do I. :-)

As NYKnick1015 says, Moto-777's communication is excellent and so far he's checked every little detail with me to make sure I get what I want. I guess that much is confidence inspiring. And his prices are super low. I paid £166 +postage, which is a great price. I also saw that there is a Ducatti forum where the posters rave about the moto-777 fit. The negative comments were about paint matching and odd bits of poor finish, but for the money, if the fairings are good, it's a fantastic price. And lets face it, the pain finish will be way better than anything I could get on ebay second hand for the same money! :-)

I've also bought a wee present for the f2 forum. I'll upload it after I receive it. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it. Something for folk to feast their eyes on. :-)

p

Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by p8ddy
So do I. :-)

As NYKnick1015 says, Moto-777's communication is excellent and so far he's checked every little detail with me to make sure I get what I want. I guess that much is confidence inspiring. And his prices are super low. I paid £166 +postage, which is a great price. I also saw that there is a Ducatti forum where the posters rave about the moto-777 fit. The negative comments were about paint matching and odd bits of poor finish, but for the money, if the fairings are good, it's a fantastic price. And lets face it, the pain finish will be way better than anything I could get on ebay second hand for the same money! :-)

I've also bought a wee present for the f2 forum. I'll upload it after I receive it. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it. Something for folk to feast their eyes on. :-)

p

definately man... and thats why i bought from them... alot of the issues were paint related but when you really think about it, they use aftermarket paint thats not the same color code as OEM so thats why people had problems... i cant wait to see your bike when its done. I am going down to work on my bike right now so hopefully updates today

Old 12-24-2009, 09:56 PM

so the fronts went on fairly easy. The sides and front screwed right in with zero modification. The left side is a bit close to the radiator which might be somewhat of a concern a the moment. I am going to get new heat padding to go between it...

Name:  bike-1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  26.7 KB

The TAIL on the other hand... Oy Vey... i had to email the moto777 because the tabs on the right side were broken when i fully unpacked everything ( i didnt unpack the whole thing in my rm so i didnt notice it)
Name:  broken1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  12.0 KB
Name:  broken2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  15.3 KB

even after i tried to make due, it didnt line up as well as i wanted it to but it did... there was that infamous gap btween the side and the tail...

its still incomplete... the doors are not bolted in cuz i ran out of bolts... kept dropping them and my regular headlight bolts didnt fit in it. Its a smaller pitch so i have to get new ones. and i still have to take it off to put the motor back together

Last edited by NYKnick1015; 12-24-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:55 AM

If you need fairing bolts gimme a PM with your address and I'll send you my old ones... I've ordered new ones from ProBolt and I'll be pleased to let you have 'em. I'm not gonna use them now I have the new ones.

Good to see the bike coming on, and I'm pleased the fronts go on with no issues. As for the rear...jeez...I guess I've got the same work ahead of me! :-)

Let me know how it goes. THe bike so far is looking good and if I can learn from your experience then it's all good. Hope your having a good Christmas! :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EBAY fairing