CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   Custom CBR 600 F3/R1 Fairing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/custom-cbr-600-f3-r1-fairing-77554/)

VALKYIE 11-17-2008 02:24 AM

RE: Custom CBR 600 F3/R1 Fairing

I got my fairings parts from ebay the other day and man its not going as smooth as I planed. But I am working on it and I think it will look good when I am finished. I see I will have to take my time to get it right seeing how much I spent on R1 and F3 parts. I see I will have to add and sand more body filler, reinforce the inside with metal rod bracing to prevent flexing, and laying fiberglass for additional strength. Man if I was to make someone a fairing from original parts I would have to charge them a arm and leg. Well back to work.

VALKYIE 11-30-2008 11:50 PM

My new F3/R1 design fairing is in the paint shop getting matched to my bike. It should be done soon and man its going to blow you out of your socks when you set your eyes upon it. I am really proud of myself because it was very hard trying to include the modification to the fairing. As soon as I am able I will post pictures of the new fairing and I hope for some positive feedback from you guys and gals.

harlowz 12-02-2008 08:36 AM

cant wait to see some new pics. This could be a future mod for me also. Waiting to see what you sell these for and how they look.

grizzly 12-02-2008 03:05 PM

nice! what do you have on there for a swing arm?

VALKYIE 12-02-2008 04:55 PM

VFR 750 single sided swingarm.

grizzly 12-04-2008 03:42 PM

how much did you get if for? put me down for one of those kits

VALKYIE 12-04-2008 04:33 PM

Its all coming together as I have foreseen it. Sorry watching to much starwars lately LOL. But I am waiting on my project to get painted to match my bike. I want to show this fairing to you guys for your approval before I try to replicate it. If you guys don't like it then I will start all over again. I plan to keep the fairings affordable. All parts are hand made and hand laid. My pastor of my church helps me with some of my projects he is pretty good with wood working. He said I should charge alot more than what I plan to charge. But I am cool guy and I am not made of money and I understand everyone else is not made of money also. So I plan to keep things affordable. I am working on some sweet designs wait and you will see. Stay tuned folks same bat channel same bat time.

grizzly 12-06-2008 06:57 PM

isnt the R1 upper alone really expensive? how much did you get the swing arm for and what year is it? does it bolt right on?

VALKYIE 12-06-2008 07:49 PM

Yes the R1 upper parts are expensive. You will not be buying the actual parts I put together but you will be buying a copy or replica. If I did this mod per customer it would be very expensive. So to keep the price down I will simply make a replica available. Also I am working on a Moto GP style fairing to. I will be putting that together once my parts arrive in the mail. In the meanwhile I am waiting for my current F3/R1 redesign to be painted I cant wait to see it.

The swingarm was almost a direct bolt up. Use the VFR 750 swingarm only. DON'T buy the 800. Thething that made it hard was making or finding the parts to make it work. Beside that it went together pretty easy.

VALKYIE 12-06-2008 07:51 PM

Grizzly,
Email me at cjgoals@yahoo.com and I will send you a quick write up I made for the VFR Conversion.