600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

another f4i conversion in the books =]

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckbear
No, I've checked out both of your threads on it extensively but I was kind of hoping for something a little more detailed with pics of the whole process and yours seemed more like an after-thought kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, your bike was the inspiration that made me want to do this with my bike and you gave a lot of good info... I just thought I'd prod a little in case it motivated someone who might be thinking of making this swap.

Keep in mind, I don't have much experience with fabrication so extra detail in the process is huge for eliminating headaches and costly mistakes. I'd hate to drop several hundred into fairings only to butcher it with a simple mistake that could have been avoided with a bit more instruction. I guess at some point you have to take the leap though..
well it only takes a little ingenuity and a whole lot of guess work. Because there are probably 5-6 better ways at doing what i did i made mine a simple overview of the process cuz not everyone looks at things the same. and since i did mine i have looked at a million times and each time i see something i should have done different to make it easier but im good with it. i just need this bike to make due until i can afford a new one

Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dementedf3
well it only takes a little ingenuity and a whole lot of guess work. Because there are probably 5-6 better ways at doing what i did i made mine a simple overview of the process cuz not everyone looks at things the same. and since i did mine i have looked at a million times and each time i see something i should have done different to make it easier but im good with it. i just need this bike to make due until i can afford a new one
haha I hear that! I'd love to just get a newer RR and not worry about bodywork, but right now its just not in the cards. But I can't help but see your and other's F3s and want to do the same to mine!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone want to be real kind and post up a link to a detailed conversion with pics and not just words. I have searched and only found before and after pics and very blatant descriptions for this modification.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by gotcbr; 06-25-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: rewrite
Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 PM

absolutely beautifull i can only dream about getting rid of my nasty single headlight!

Old 12-23-2009, 02:29 AM

oh man you guys are lookin at outdated pictures. so much has happened since. look at these!

graphics kit, wheel stripes, and micron slip on

oh and the graphics are reflective at night

Old 12-26-2009, 05:21 PM

cool mane

Old 01-04-2010, 05:58 PM

Wow that is pretty cool. Now you just need to do the split-seat conversion!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM

i'm in the middle of doing my swap now, and i'm assuming that you re-routed your radiator hose through the frame...is that true?

Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by orangef3
i'm in the middle of doing my swap now, and i'm assuming that you re-routed your radiator hose through the frame...is that true?
hey man. No need to fiddle with the radiator hose. if u look at my pictures i have the f4i air duct covers on. the radiator hose, if left alone, will run under the air duct covers and everything will fit together nicely you wont even know its there.

Originally Posted by derboesekoenig
Wow that is pretty cool. Now you just need to do the split-seat conversion!
haha i got all the pieces for this im just gonna wait for a rain storm where i wont get to ride for a week strait to do this. otherwise while im working on this conversion i wont be able to ride and that'll be wasting precious time

Quick Reply: another f4i conversion in the books =]