600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Yup a tire thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yup a tire thread

So I know this is probably a question everyone has asked, but I just want to get some feedback on some of your guys experiences with different tires. I am at about 4500 miles and in need of some tires here soon. I have never used anything except Dunlop Qualifiers, and i want to try something new. My question to you guys is what have you used and if you like it or not. I talked to the guy at the honda shop and he reccommended to me Metzeler M3 sport tech tires. Any of you guys use these and get good results? Also is it hard to disassemble the tire so its cheaper to have them put on. Thanks guys

Old 02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Yup a tire thread

the m3 are good and if u use them at the track they dont break down as fast cuz they have a lil harder rubber. lol people are gonna suggest all sorts of things, if u got the money get the diablos and so on. i like metzler's and have had no probs with them plus they a decent price if you go with them u wont be disappointed

Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered Users

powers i like em

Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 AM

I got the Perelli Diablos right now and I don't like the looks of them. Don't get me wrong they are good solid tires and they've lasted but to me they look like ***. They're more of a taller tire, they don't look as wide or have the low profile look as the Dunlops or Pilot powers. I'm leaning more towards the Pilot Powers or even the Pilot Power Sport Hpx. Anyone had any experience with the P P Sport Hpx tires? Sorry for the slight highjack.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 AM

I'm running the Metzlers myself and I've had good luck with them so far. Not done any track time at all, but I've put nearly 4K miles on the front and it's not squared much at all. The rear only has a small amount of squaring and it's about 2K miles old. They seem to be doing just fine.

Oh... and as a side note, these miles are very lightly-driven miles. Cruising around mainly. No real wheelies to speak of and (yay oklahoma!) very little "twistie" action.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

I've done a ton of reading on this subject and I am settling on the Pilot Powers. They seem to be the most widely supported tires out there...probably will order next month.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:47 PM

i need something that is going to last more than 2-4K miles on the rear..come on guys, i like to ride alot, ride hard and do silly ****.. i dont want some wear fast tire

Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 PM

I ride on tires of ice.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:02 PM

I think I might go with the pilot powers as well. They seem to be the most liked and at a decent price

Old 02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i use PP's and i got 9k miles out of my last set. i DONT stunt, or do track days on'em, nor do i bother w/ $ blowing burnouts.

i have to disagree w/ a above post, the PP's DO HAVE a taller profile/center. my g/f was able to damn near flat-foot her F4i until we put those on, now shes touching w/ her toes. the center of the PP's is tall, and makes the tire great for backroads, b/c when you approach a turn and throw the bike over they help the bike to simply fall into the turn.

if tahoe see's this PP loving thread, he's gonna get angry, hahahahaha!

oh, and PP's from ridenow.com i only paid $235 SHIIIIIIIIIIIPPED!!!!!

Quick Reply: Yup a tire thread