600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

yoshimura or two brothers? full or slip on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yoshimura or two brothers? full or slip on?

ok so this is my 1st post and i chose to skip the "new member" section, i apologise if this question has been asked a thousand times but i am curious as towhat the common opinion isconcerning two bros exhaust vs. yoshimura, as far as sound and performance,also is it worth itto just spend the extra $$$ and get a full system or should i just go with bolt on or "slip on" ?

Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Default RE: yoshimura or two brothers? full or slip on?

This really is a question that you need to set priorities to. rank what's most important to least important, and we'll be in a better position to help you choose the exhaust that right for you.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 PM

basically the louder the better i suppose, but i was just looking for a full on comparison, which one gives more horsepower, which one has a better tone,ppl's opinions, i have an 03 600rr if that helps, and uh yeah, i want a loud idle, and how light is each one cuz im lookin to make my bike light as possible, if i need to add anymore details to the question let me know

Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Mad

I've heard bad things about 2bros. Mainly that the quality sucks and they are not even recommended for the track (racing). Someone else needs to chime in on that because I don't have a 2bros so I am just speculating based on input from bike nights.

I have a yoshi TRS slip on. It sounds good to me; not too loud. If I had to do it again and ahd the money I would of got a yoshi TRS full system.

Take a look at Akrapovic if you want a louder pipe.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:20 AM

i checked out akrapovic and i definitly like what i see, although they have a habit on these websites im finding of never specifying the differences between different models, theres the evolution system and the racing system, the racing is like $300 cheaper but it doesn't say why... also i still pose the question of is it worth it really to get a full system or will i be satisfied with a slip on based on the fact that i just want my bike louder and wont be racing it

Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 AM

I've always hated LOUD bikes especially harley type bikes. The noise is a bitch. Just think would you like some punk to blast his crap rap hip hop to max thumping 2 miles away?
Fast yes Loud NOOOOOOOOO. Sorry off topic there.

I'd like to know too which is best...noise excluded... for performance.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 PM

the akro race is 300 cheaper because it is stainless stell while the evo is solid titanium
they both give the same power increase

if you want power the akro is good
also look at sato, arata, hamaguchi etc but get ready to spend money

ridersinc.com has the full hamaguchi for 900 bucks
awesome deal and way better than yosh or 2 bros and weighs as much as the full titanium akro evolution

Old 08-07-2007, 08:09 PM

Im running Full Yoshimura Tri Oval Carbon fiber, and i love it just make sure you get a PC and get a map for it, but im very biased so...take it as you want. I was stuck between two brothers and yoshi and yoshi one because it has the low growl when your not to hard on it, but when you WOT it just screams at you.. like thi WAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA just like that...

Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Hello ATL600RR, I think the answer that Knightslugger put up is very good indeed. HRC for about 99.9% uses Akrapovic. Sometimes we say more sound means less ground. What comes down to is you lost HP for the so called sound effect. Yoshi at one time was great on Hondas but they made a statement that sometimes they can't do it all. They work very close in had with Suzuki so you have to take it from there. If it was me and I was a street rider I would have to figure what it is you are really looking for. Good Luck.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 AM

i appreciate all of your help, this has definitly expanded my knowlege on my search for the exhaust i want,just one more thing, what is the difference in doing full vs. slip on as far as sound and performance, for instince if i did a slip on and it gave me 7hp vs. if idid afull systemand it gave me another 7hp, i'd wanna do full, but if a slip on can get me like 10 hp, and doing full would only give me likeanother 3hp, i'd probly just get a slip on, also would there be a significant difference in sound? basically still wondering how worth it is it to do a full vs. slip on

Quick Reply: yoshimura or two brothers? full or slip on?