600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Yoshimura RS-5 carbon full exhaust

Old 08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshimura RS-5 carbon full exhaust

ok so im thinking about picking up this exhaust. i have the opp to get a great deal on one and the only problem i have is i have a hot bodies moto gp style exhaust in the the undertail and when it came it has a small piece of piping that had to be moded to fit. i didnt put the exhaust on the previous owner did and i dont know how much of a biatch its going to be or if it will work without major money spent. anyone have a similar situation? i really want this full exhaust and dont want to change my slip on or my under tail kit.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM

I had to modify my Yosh header to work at all with my Leo Vince and it still makes the pipe sit just a little higher.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:07 PM

I don't quite understand the problem. By "full exhaust," you mean the manifold, pipe, muffler, etc right? If so, then you'e repalcing everything currently on your bike that you would be worried about.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
I don't quite understand the problem. By "full exhaust," you mean the manifold, pipe, muffler, etc right? If so, then you'e repalcing everything currently on your bike that you would be worried about.
what im worried aboutis my undertail conceals my muffler. i want to keep the slip on and just use the header and the rest of the piping

Old 08-11-2009, 03:32 PM

You can have an adapter pipe made to work with it. it'll make the exhaust stick out another 6 inches or so, but it'll work. Most exhaust shops will be able to custom bend you a pipe.