600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Want dual filament bulbs in your RR? I can help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want dual filament bulbs in your RR? I can help!

I have a 2003 CBR600RR and I hate the fact that during low beam, we only have one headlight on. It makes the bike look like it has a head light out. So, I created a safe way to run dual filament bulbs with with no additional amp draw on the factory wiring. During low beam I have two headlights burning and they dont blind on coming traffic. Hit the factory switch and I have two high beam headlights burning and they could blind the heck out of on coming traffic. My kit requires no modification to the bulb's socket in the headlight assembly, no cutting of factory wires and no mods to the factory switch. You will have to remove some body panels to install but its easy. I've received alot of interest and compliments from my fellow riders on how well it turned out. I'm just a guy who knows a thing or two about wiring and I can build a kit for anyone who is interested. Contact me at...

Old 05-04-2006, 02:57 AM
Default RE: Want dual filament bulbs in your RR? I can help!

Can you build a kit for an F4i?

Or give me some plans or something, let me know cause i'd love to have 2 low beams that look normal and 2 highs that look like highs

Old 05-04-2006, 04:56 AM

Same here, Can't really see too well at night. I hate it when people say" you have a headlight out".

Old 05-04-2006, 10:02 PM

how much would a kit cost from you man?

-Berg

Old 05-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not share it out of the kindness of your heart for other riders?

Old 05-05-2006, 09:41 PM

or even that, my father is pretty good with electrical work, i bet he could give me some pointers but if someone else already knows then it's that much easier

-Berg

Old 05-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't see this one but I will respond: as happy as it would be for the one-light-wonders to be completely alit ... it is most certainly unfair to the paying sponsors of this site to allow someone to vend without sponsoring. So when 2hi2lo decides to sponsor us we'll set up a nice banner and contact info and the whole 9 yards.

There is an intrinsic problem with going 2 low beams though -- the hi beam on your bikes is different than the low in that the mirrored area distributes the light differently than the low beam. A two filament bulb may resemble a traditional two bulb setup but I'm dubious of the actual results.

Another problem is that you're always gonna draw extra power (110W vs. 55W). The stators on our bikes are not what you'd call powerhouses of energy. They're made light to keep down rotational mass and weight.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:56 AM

im interested in getting your kit for my 600rr i just wanna know how much it would be contact me back thanx.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

I didn't see this one but I will respond: as happy as it would be for the one-light-wonders to be completely alit ... it is most certainly unfair to the paying sponsors of this site to allow someone to vend without sponsoring. So when 2hi2lo decides to sponsor us we'll set up a nice banner and contact info and the whole 9 yards.

There is an intrinsic problem with going 2 low beams though -- the hi beam on your bikes is different than the low in that the mirrored area distributes the light differently than the low beam. A two filament bulb may resemble a traditional two bulb setup but I'm dubious of the actual results.

Another problem is that you're always gonna draw extra power (110W vs. 55W). The stators on our bikes are not what you'd call powerhouses of energy. They're made light to keep down rotational mass and weight.

I agree.This guy is just using this forum for free advertisment. This forum is for free advise to members who post and support the forum. I think an administrator should remove the post all together.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:47 PM

I secon the movement free advertizing is strictly prohibited on any forum if your not a sponser