600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Two Brothers M2 Slip-on

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Brothers M2 Slip-on

All right, Who has the Two Brothers Racing M2 slip-on. Im thinking about buying the carbon fiber one but I wanted to here what some of you had to say about it. Is it any good? Power gains? Sound?

Old 10-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Two Brothers M2 Slip-on

I have it, the M2h, love it, very loud, deep tone. Not D&D loud.... but you hear it.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:36 AM

So it does sound good. What about power? any gains? oh and with the carbon fiber it keeps a little cooler right so can I take off the heat shield above the muffler?

Old 10-23-2006, 03:48 AM
Retired Administrator

I have all of the heat shielding removed and I've made several longer trips (over 400 miles non-stop) and I when I do ride, it's all day long. No heat damage at all.

Performance... maybe 3 or 4 HP. I did my dyno after all the mods were done and it showed 109.something. The guys running the dyno said they never ran a stock 600 with anything much over 100.... they said they're usually right at 100 or 101, 102. So with the slip-on, PC III usb, filter I maybe added 8 or 9 HP to the bike.

Which I personally think was mostly due to the PC III usb. I was running a -1 in the front to give me a little more in the take off area, but I'm happy with stock gearing (most of the time) with the PC III.

The sound... everyone loves it. I use to ride with a couple guys that had 600RRs, one with a Jardine and the other had the Yosi RS-5. They both wished they heard mine before they ordered their's.

It is louder... like I said, not D&D loud, but I like it. Here's an example for you. I'm in the middle of a major move and looking for a house. I keep my bike at my dad's in a nice climate controlled garage until I have a garage my bike can call home. He lives in the back of a subdivision and can hear when I enter the subdivision a mile away. Now, if I'm just rolling at the speed limit... you can't hear me that far away. But when you open it up... you're not sneaking away from anyone.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:57 AM

Thanks man that helped my decision out a lot. Do you know a website or anything with the cheapest prices and how much did the PCIII run you? Cause that seems like a good idea too. What brand of air filter are you running cause thats on my list as well. Right now my bike is completely stock engine wise. I have different rear turn signals and a fender eliminator from Ride Engineering but thats about it.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Retired Administrator

I went with K&N air filter mostly because it's reusable. Just clean it, oil it back up and you're good to go.

I paid about $280 for the PC III usb from here

I ordered the 2bros with another member here on a group buy from one of our sponsors... about $450 shipped I believe. You can do a search and find it any where for about the same price now. We bought them when the going price was over $500.

Wait until others answer your question about exhaust to make up your mind. The RS-5 looks damn good, it's a little quieter and not as deep tone... but that might be what you're looking for.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:14 AM

Actually my sisters husband has the RS-5 on his bike and I dont really like it too much, and his friend has the Jardine and that seems a little weak to me. But im pretty made up on the Two bros. i like the look and soon i will like the sound. i will probably go ahead and get the pcIII too. thanks for your help and thanks for the link.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Retired Administrator

Check out my gallery if you'd like to see more pics of the 2bros.... I did modify the mounting a bit. The supplied brackets were too long for my taste so I cut about .75 of an inch off to raise it up closer to the tail. Looks much better IMO. And I painted all of the stainless brackets flat black to blend in... not much of a bling, bling person. I hate chrome anything. I wished my damn rotors weren't so shinny

Old 10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Retired Administrator

10% above cost, damn, must be nice. Don't forget to post pictures of the work when you're finished. Are you doing the install or the shop you work at?

Quick Reply: Two Brothers M2 Slip-on