600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Turbo Kit...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Kit...?

I was looking around for a turbo kit for my bike and was curious if anyone had more information. I found this, but there is not any information on where to get it or if they are making the kit, but it exists. http://www.ststurbo.com/sts_racing Thanks...

Old 02-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Default RE: Turbo Kit...?

I dont see a turbo being worth the $ and effort on a 600. turbos for anything are gonna cost like 5 grand, you might as well get a liter bike if you want that much more power,

Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

you might as well get a liter bike
There is the answer.

Moderator, please lock this thread.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Handeling of a 600 and power that exceeds a 1000... I can see why he would be interested.

Quote from website

"...the STS CBR600RR Turbo bike. They dominated the race lapping all riders ... even the 1000 cc bikes"

Old 02-04-2008, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Onarom

Handeling of a 600 and power that exceeds a 1000... I can see why he would be interested.

Quote from website

"...the STS CBR600RR Turbo bike. They dominated the race lapping all riders ... even the 1000 cc bikes"
it's easy to lap a newbie on a 1000... even with a 250!

that doesn't mean jack, and you know it.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:21 PM

Fish I wasn't asking your for your opinion, I was asking for information, lock your keyboard, not my thread.

The reason I was asking is for the following... I do not like either of the current liter bike designs.. The 07 is like the previous generation 600s, which im not super fond of, and Im not all that keen on the new one either. I love my bike. I am also not that large of a person, and I feel that if I went up to the liter bike, I would compromise a large portion of my ability to properly manipulate the bike. Ive ridden R1's, 1000RR's etc... I dont like the larger frame and the additional torque that becomes particularly hazardous when trying to throttle hard through a long sweeping corner. I also feel that the balance of my 600 is excellent, Its very easy to manipulate and I can ride it aggressively without it getting away from me. If I wanted a liter bike, I would buy one...

Additionally I enjoy turbo power... It gives you a optional high end kick without killing mileage, control, or weight. My cars are turbos, always have been, and I dont see why my bike cant be. So back to the original question, does anyone actually have more information about a 600 turbo kit...?

Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM

I didn't do the reading, but I did the searching. Here is what I found:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=79081

Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

Fish I wasn't asking your for your opinion, I was asking for information, lock your keyboard, not my thread.

The reason I was asking is for the following... I do not like either of the current liter bike designs.. The 07 is like the previous generation 600s, which im not super fond of, and Im not all that keen on the new one either. I love my bike. I am also not that large of a person, and I feel that if I went up to the liter bike, I would compromise a large portion of my ability to properly manipulate the bike. Ive ridden R1's, 1000RR's etc... I dont like the larger frame and the additional torque that becomes particularly hazardous when trying to throttle hard through a long sweeping corner. I also feel that the balance of my 600 is excellent, Its very easy to manipulate and I can ride it aggressively without it getting away from me. If I wanted a liter bike, I would buy one...

Additionally I enjoy turbo power... It gives you a optional high end kick without killing mileage, control, or weight. My cars are turbos, always have been, and I dont see why my bike cant be. So back to the original question, does anyone actually have more information about a 600 turbo kit...?
spoolin is awesome. i say if you have the money and the time do it.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Banned

Fish I wasn't asking your for your opinion
My apologies, the $14,000 project on 600RR.net does look like the way to go. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM

I would really like to advise you away from a turbo. My friend has an 07 gsxr 750 with a turbo kit. It was the worst investment he ever made. The bike does nothing but wheelie. crack the throttle in 5th and it stands right up. Also, because of the turbo lag, you can be going through a turn, and the boost will kick in, and the rear tire wants to break loose. There are a whole host of other reasons, but turbo bikes aren't worth it unless your going to the drag strip.

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit...?