600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

T-REX FRAME SLIDERS-NO CUT-COOL!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason/ Krash

It seems that regardless of what's said, T-Rex will continue selling their product and people will continue to buy. Perhaps a FTC class action suit is the only way to go.

In my opinion, if a product designed to protect causes more damage in it's function, then it's deceptive marketing.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by konix
can you take some pics? i'm really interested to see how these look
still waiting for the pic

Old 02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by krash
No cut frame sliders area false sense of security, and in the end will cause more damage than prevent. I do speak from both personal experience and the experience of thousands of others.
+1 bizzillion
I worked at a dealership in the service bay. Lots of crashed sportbikes and no cuts at best just broke off when the bike went down.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Shogun also makes a no-cut frame slider... they do polished or black. They work well and are easy to put on!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 AM

Oggy ***** are another brand... very highly regarded in Austalia but way expensive.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaGRL0386
Shogun also makes a no-cut frame slider... they do polished or black. They work well and are easy to put on!
How do you know they work well? Have you crash tested them?

Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 AM

No cuts, it seems from my research, save damage from low-speed (literally in parking lots/garage knock-overs really) accidents. Rarely did I read about one holding up being used in the street at speed.

If I were to purchase no-cuts, R&G aero would be the way to go.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Default Sliders

Not a big fan of the no-cut frame sliders. I am not real familiar with TREX but most no cut sliders work using a bracket that allows you to still install on the engine mount bolt but not straight in line with the bolt. Every bike I have ever seen using this type of slider that has had a serious fall, the slider has not done its intended job. The bracket either breaks or bends. The fairings, and in a lot of cases the engine cases, are toasted as a result of having no solid protection. I will cut my fairings anytime. Besides, its not like you will take off the sliders when you sell the bike. If the holes are cut properly they actually add to the bikes looks. On mine I have the Vortex sliders straight on the engine mount bolts. They are black with aluminum bases... My 2 cents....

Old 03-22-2009, 09:45 PM

Found this old thread and thought i needed to add my 2 cents..

I believe, and many will agree, that NO-Cut sliders, are really meant for very low speed slides, tip-overs and garage falls.
Obviously, the sliders being mounted on brackets and not directly to the engine mount are weaker.
I have them installed on my 01 F4i, I never plan to sell her, and I would never dream of drilling holes on her fairing.
If I, god forbid, someday go down on my F4i, I will accept the damage as a decision I made where I opted for the no cutting to the cutting.
In the end, its basically up to each person. If you feel you want greater protection, install regular sliders. If you do not opt for the ultimate protection and do not want to drill holes, go for the no-cut sliders that will ONLY protect from simple tip-overs and such.
thats it.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:51 AM

sorry to resurrect an old thread but i bought an f4i with these sliders. few days ago the bike fell on its side at no speed and these sliders did crack the valve cover, which i need to replace now. see the pic. imma go with the regular sliders and i dont mind cutting the fairings if thats what i need to do. the t-rex sliders look bad *** but they are not good. imagine what would happen if i laid it while at a speed.

Attached Thumbnails  T-REX FRAME SLIDERS-NO CUT-COOL!!!!!!-imagejpeg_2.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T-REX FRAME SLIDERS-NO CUT-COOL!!!!!!