600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

StreetGLow \ StreetFX \ Ground Effects Ideas for 07 RR

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default StreetGLow \ StreetFX \ Ground Effects Ideas for 07 RR

Hey all,

Longtime modder here, finally upgrading from the ol' F3 to an 07 RR! Unfortunately, I bought it dead stock (for a steal), so I've got a lot of work to do. I'm looking to add ground effects lights, similar to my old bike:

Problem is, the layout of everythign on this bike is vastly different, right down to the frame. The biggest problem is that HOT exhaust, that you really can't stick any lights to.

Looking for some ideas here. Post your pics!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i personally love this undertail for the 600rr ... with this you could cut some holes for individual led's closer to the wheel and that should keep it far enough from the heat

Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 AM

Thought of that already, but it seems nobody makes an undertail for the '07-'10 600's.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 PM
April 2010 ROTM

Not my bike but a member to another site im on.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM

Nice. I wired up an '06 GSX R like that and with all the plastics on it looked like its guts were glowing.

I ended up going with photoshop on my bike and I'm gonna go with red on the white bike. As usual, pics and howto to follow.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this fairly simple to do? or does it require alot of electrical stuff? I just got an 09 and think some LED lights or something that will glow would be sick. Ive never done it before but am fairly competent. lol

Old 04-23-2010, 08:37 AM

its extremely easy....it 2 wires and a switch.....or just 2 wires if you tap into 12v from the fusebox that only comes on with the ignition... the only thing hard is making them look nicely installed and all that takes is a little extra time and care when putting em in. i had an s10 that when i finnaly sold it had 98 neon tubes and 67 sets of strobes connected to a midnite box(light controller). if i had to redo that (all at 1 time) i'de prob shoot myself instead. but if you can change a lightbulb then you can put an underglow on your bike.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:53 AM

Sweet. Im looking for some online right now at work.(shhh dont tell)

And hopefully ill be getting some soon.

Thanks again man.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Is this fairly simple to do? or does it require alot of electrical stuff? I just got an 09 and think some LED lights or something that will glow would be sick. Ive never done it before but am fairly competent. lol

Wiring it is easy. Making it not look like a little kid installed it is another story. There is a very, very fine line between "cool" and "tacky" with these. Also, you're running a loooot of wires ALL OVER the bike, and you have to make sure you hide them all. The end result should be "where the hell is that light coming from?" Get some tiny cable clips and high-heat double-sided tape and mount them wherever you need them:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062666

http://cableorganizer.com/double-sided-tape/

I just ordered a bunch of various LED strips and pods and stuff for my '07. Really having trouble figuring out what I'm going to do. It'd be easier if I had an undertail kit to mount some on, but nobody makes one for the 07 600RR.

Last edited by johnnyx; 04-23-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
Wiring it is easy. Making it not look like a little kid installed it is another story. There is a very, very fine line between "cool" and "tacky" with these. Also, you're running a loooot of wires ALL OVER the bike, and you have to make sure you hide them all. The end result should be "where the hell is that light coming from?" Get some tiny cable clips and high-heat double-sided tape and mount them wherever you need them:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062666

http://cableorganizer.com/double-sided-tape/

I just ordered a bunch of various LED strips and pods and stuff for my '07. Really having trouble figuring out what I'm going to do. It'd be easier if I had an undertail kit to mount some on, but nobody makes one for the 07 600RR.
What would be a good start to look at? I ve been looking at http://www.customdynamics.com/motorc...ccent%20Lights

They have some stuff that sounds pretty good and it looks fairly simple to set up.

Im majorly ocd about my bike too so i would make it look flawless. lol

Thanks for the help. You bike looks awesome. I like how the light is evenly spread with no major focus points.

Quick Reply: StreetGLow \ StreetFX \ Ground Effects Ideas for 07 RR