600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Straight pipin the '07...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight pipin the '07...

Come this wed I am removing the factory exhaust.... Cutting the factory POS muffler off.... And getting a friend of a friend to weld on a 2.5" (and/or) 3" Echo tip like what you see on pickups... Yes it will be loud... Yes it will probly disturb my neighbors (who are up till 3:00am every night anyway)... And no, I will not have back pressure issues.. I know this because I've seen/heard another '07 here in my hometown with a hollowed out YOSHI.. It had plenty of get-up and go along with plentiful top-end... He even let me drive it to feel the difference... So, if I can figure out how to post up a sound clip on here, then I will get one on here asap for you guys interested in this $40 "exhaust system"... HAHA

DH

Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Default RE: Straight pipin the '07...

ghetto fab. that is retarded.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

there is a reason why the 07 600rr is such a bad *** bike from the factory. dont ruin such a nice bike please. atleast take off the exhaust and fab up some pipe as well. that way when you realize what a mistake you've made you can bolt the exhaust back on and continue

Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read... I demand you void my warrenty, can't wait to loose all my "bottom end". Bogg, all the time, off the line or light it up, loose'n anyway... especialy to gixxers, and because everyone will be look'n at me, 'cause. I haven't got a clue, about actual tunning or performance... it won't really matter that I can't start up my bike or rev more than 1500rpm, because every cop for 3 miles, w/ be look'n / listening, for me, "the moron"... "can I get a lift??????" from, you cops!!!!! "sure sonny"...then incuring huge tow/ storage fines$$$$$$$$$ court time, insurance increase and strip'n of my..."pride and joy" in the impound yard, by a guy named Rufus... and earning the rep..." "theres the MORON" chanted by all...forever !!!!!!!!!
Look on the bright side... HAHA!!! THERE IS NO BRIGHT SIDE!!!!!!!!!!
Free and clean, Ripp'n... sorry, someone had to slap you awake !!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:40 AM

HAHAHAHA, I agree there isn't a single good advantage to this mod but many cons.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

I don't understand 600 riders that complain about the lack of power. There is a simple option out there, get a f**king literbike. Sprockets, exhaust, pcIII, blah, blah, blah, all that stuff is bull****. Get another 400cc and then look to powermods. There is no replacement for displacement.

With that said, have fun with your loud, 'look at me', look at me' bike, Keep your parts that you take off, one day you may want to sell or trade that thing and the buyer may want the option of swapping back.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 AM

It's loud and deep!!! And no popping/backfiring...The whole powerband shows an increase in throttle response.. +2mph on top end (different factors may also play into this).. Losing the factory exhaust really shaved off some weight.. Ran a '07 GSXR600 tonight with this current set-up and man I handed him his @$$ on a silver platter... Still cannot quite keep up with the 750's though...

DH

Old 07-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

.. id really like to see some proof. and you should be spanking the gsxr 600 anyways even without your Special super bad *** custom "exhaust"

Old 07-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6xxxxxxL B.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!
173... sofar!!!!! w/ "one down on the front sprocket" I better sell my 12r... or better yet...
can you fab me a pipe?????...HAHAHAHA!!!
Read up, on "revision therory" and you can laugh, w/ us!!!!!!!
Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 AM

So why would you want to do this? Is it, loud = look at me? Or do you think it will make your bike better/cooler/lighter etc? Seems like a bad idea to me. But rock on with whatever you want. I wouldn't do it.

Quick Reply: Straight pipin the '07...