600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

slip on help

Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip on help

hey guys so im stuck between 2 slip ons ( not doing a full ) im between 2 bros and jardine. they both will give the about the same power increase right? and which one sounds better. alls i have heard was clips on youtube and that doesnt do enough justice so need some help. i like jardines dual outlets but also like 2 bros. need everyone advice. thanks

Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Banned
Default RE: slip on help

The difference in power gains are a non-issue here. You will not notice between these 2 exhausts. These are the same 2 pipes I was deciding between, and I ended up going with the Jardine Dual Outlet as I LOVED the look of it. No complaints, as it looks amazing and sounds great too!

My cousin got the same bike as me a year later with a different paint scheme, and he got the 2 Brothers. I rode his bike, and when we ride together, it's nearly impossible to tell if one is louder than the other, but I THINK his might be a bit louder than mine. Of course, decibles aren't everything and the tone is very similar, so make your choice based on which one will look best on your bike.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:39 AM

glad someone went through the same thing haha thanks for the advice. would a pc3 help if i got one or for a slip on is it not worth is? and got a pic of ur bike that i can see?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:27 PM

I WILL NEVER buy a slip-on or full exhaust without a PC3 again. I went with the Jardine and its Amazing with a PC3. Great sound and with the pc3, noticeable power increase. However, without the pc3 my throttle response lacked and I couldn't tell a difference til about 12k rpms.

Here's a link at the top of the Modification forum. My link to youtube is pretty close to what it will sound like on your bike:

https://cbrforum.com/m_531105/tm.htm

Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

I DON'T have the PCIII, but I wasn't going for increased power, just a better look and sound. You don't need it for a slip on...seems to be a matter of preference. You can see pics of my bike at the link below...

https://cbrforum.com/m_565850/mpage_3/tm.htm

I think there's some on page 2 or 1 on the same thread....

Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 PM

Hey Short, the only reason why I got the pc3 on my bike,was after the can was installedit had a pretty bad delay in throttle response and it bugged the $hit outta me..lol I can't handle the bike's power stock so i wasn't really going for power increase with just a slip-on. Did your bike experience this delay?

Old 09-23-2008, 03:03 AM

^^ exactly why i got one, it smooths it out and takes hicups away. i got mine from a memeber for like 160 so there was no downside to buying one. heres a question... some guy wants 450 for a jardine on craigslist, and i want a different pipe... should i buy it and try to sell my yoshi? i dont like the tone of it anymore and want something with a better/ less common look. what you think shortbus, as you are one of the few people on here that has the same taste as me

Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 AM

thanks for the help guys. u guys help me choose the jardine and a pc3 now to get that stuff called money and order the parts haha

Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Banned

Crash, I experienced no such delay with mine...my cuz with the 2 bros didn't either. I have ridden bikes with a PC and I certainly feel the difference, but between a stock exhaust and mine, I didn't notice a change. Granted, my powerband isn't as smooth a PCIII'd bike, there's no roughness or hiccups.

Which Jardine is it Skitzo? I think I went with mine primarily because I had only seen very few of them, and I am always going for the most unique look to make my bike stand out from the crowd. Very few people have the RT-1 Dual, and I like it that way.