600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Silver/Blue w/black mid

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver/Blue w/black mid

I was THIS close to getting a silver/blue before I picked up my white/silver and was ready to swap out the silver mid for a black one immediately as it was the only color scheme flaw I found in the blue scheme. I photoshopped a black mid into a pic and confirmed my choice of what I had wanted to do.

Before it came to that though, I found the white/silver. I've noticed tons of people swapping the 07black/red's mid for a black one, which also makes sense, but have yet to find a blue/silver wanting to swap for a black mid. Anyways, here's the pic before I delete it off my PC:

Blue/Silver:

I was kicking the idea of a red/black, too, and shopped a black mid in case anybody wants a quick reference pic:

Old 04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Default RE: Silver/Blue w/black mid

I like the black mid on the red/black but i think I'd keep the silver on the blue/silver.. just my taste i guess but both look good

Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM

hmmm... interesting

Its growing on me

Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 PM

Painted Blue lower with black mid would look sick...errrrrrrrrrrrr IMO

Old 04-11-2008, 03:39 AM

Oh the ideas going around in my head.....

Old 04-11-2008, 03:55 PM

Good idea mang..

Name:  001-8.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  176.2 KB

Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Being a Blue/Silver owner, I don't think I'd do this.

I can see the legitimacy of doing the swap for black mids on a red/black bike, because the silver mid is a 'non naturally occuring' color on that scheme; there are no other painted silver parts. (I'm not counting the mid-pipe heat shield since it's not painted) Therefore, the replacing of the silver with a black part makes sense.

But on the blue/silver model, silver is an integral part of the color scheme; a naturally occurring color. So I don't think it's a 'need to do' swap. I think that it's an acceptable swap if you're into it, but it's not something I think I'd go to any financial or physical effort to accomplish. (if someone threw a set in front of me for free, I'd keep both colors on hand and change them occasionally for the heck of it)

=)

I will add, IF the bottom fairing was color matched blue, and the heat shield for the mid-pipe was either black or replaced with a C/F version, then I would probably be ALL OVER swapping the silver out for black immediately at that point.

E.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the silver side fairings on the blue/silver bike looks better than the black. A blue painted lower would look SICK with the silver sides.